Another basic Photoshop question

• houstonvett
  • Born
  • Born
  • houstonvett
  • Loc: Houston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am new to Photoshop :oops: and I want to edit text that is already there in the .psd file. I need to change the text characters not the size or the font style. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance, houstonvett :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it is a .psd file then you should be able to see all the layers on the image. If you click on the layer which will be titled (as default) as the text you see on the image and then click on the "T" button in the toolbar and select over the bit you want to edit then you should be able to amend the text characters.

Let me know if this has been helpful.
  • houstonvett
  • Born
  • Born
  • houstonvett

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks SB for the help. I am running Photoshop 5.5 release. When I try to change the text as you suggest the original text remains and new text appears. Being an Auto Cad guy I am not sure if this is suppose to happen this way. I might have to erase the original text and then replace it with new text: Is this correct? Thanks for the great forum here, houstonvett
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should be able to edit the original text. Sometimes it works better if you place the text cursor in the middle of the text you want to edit then click.
  • houstonvett
  • Born
  • Born
  • houstonvett

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks SB & OriginNO_II for the help. Did finally get it :D . This Auto Cad guy surely does appreciate the help from this forum, houstonvett :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts