ARGH! Jam Tablet

• pineapplefairy
  • Born
  • Born
  • pineapplefairy
  • Loc: shelby, nc

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok..I am by no means a noob to installing software and all that. But Ive been trying to get my cheapo Jam Drawing Tablet to work for months. I dont understand whats wrong with it. Im trying to get it to function on a Dell Inspiron 6000. Any ideas?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Freakin PC's. It really shouldn't be such a freakin job just to install a simple piece of hardware. I am a Mac man myself but I ran into a bit of a problem getting my Wacom pad to work on my Virtual PC. Turns out buying the hardware isn't enough trouble, you have to go to the website and download drivers and install them, first. WHAT? I can't believe Bill made a bill off such a piece of crap. Oh, sorry, anyways my point is, check your drivers and read the install instuctions carefully. You probrably forgot to stand on your head with one eye closed while whistling the theme to "Shaft" before you click the install button.
  • pinkink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://members.driverguide.com/driver/d ... rid=649206

Haha, I had one of these. If I remember correctly, the company went out of business shortly after putting this out, and so they never updated drivers for 2000/XP. Download that driver and it should work fine, though the tablets themselves are pretty sorry.

If you're serious at all about a decent tablet, I'd definitely suggest Wacom. Personally I'm saving up for an Intuos2 -- my Graphire 3 was like $60 brand new, and has served me long and well, but it's just too small. :o
  • SuprSonic5
  • Student
  • Student
  • SuprSonic5
  • Loc: Michigan, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also make sure your "cheapo" tablet is compatible with Photoshop. I remember reading that some of the less know brands may have problems with it. Hope everything works out.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts