Voting Chart

Total votes : 1

If you were to enter a digital art contest what prize would you most like to compete for?

Poll ended at February 2nd, 2006, 8:23 pm.

•  
    Wireless Laser Mouse
  •  
    Cordless Keyboard and Mouse Set
  •  
    Webcam
  •  
    Flash Drive

Art Contest: Prize Inquiry

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was thinking about hostng an art contest but Im not sure what to have as the winning prize. Please vote, and help me decide. Thank you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II,

I couldn't vote in your poll. I'm thinking about your subject and question. If I were to participate in an "art" contest, a hardware device would not be of interest to me for a prize. I would be interested in 1: recognition 2: (if a prize was offered) I would expect it to be relative to my "art" media. I don't have a suggestion at the moment what that might be, but it certainly wouldn't be a hardware device unless it was relative to the media.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm, with exception of the webcam, I thought everything else did relate to the digital art medium, especially the flash drive. I keep much of my art work on them. Recognition I assumed was a given, but yes, full recognition for all contestants. I was thinking of using software but I can't afford to buy and give that away at this time. If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if I "had" to vote for your choices the webcam is the one thing I don't have that might be nice. I doubt I would ever use it for anything "live" but I can think of things I would use it for "art" related.

And I hear ya on the software thing. Something worthwhile would be pricey. I guess I've never been much of one for "tangible" prizes. Doesn't take a prize to motivate me. It's the challenge that counts. I don't consider myself an outstanding digital artist by any stretch, but if I were, I'd enter "just because" (i.e. to see if I could win). That would be motivation enough for me.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would change the Cordless and Wireless to wired. Much more precise and accurate.
  • PurdueEngineering
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • PurdueEngineering
  • Loc: West Lafayette, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I couldn't vote either, I just saw the results.

But I'd go for the flash drive.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a little pricey, but a graphics tablet. Or a gift certificate to go towards a graphics tablet from some maker like Wacom. After switching from mouse and key board to graphics tablet, I could never go back.
  • Melusinefile
  • Born
  • Born
  • Melusinefile
  • Loc: Iasi, RO

Post 3+ Months Ago

right...

what about money then? I'm aware it's not relevat to the post, but as the big man said...:D ... well - maybe sneak in a old camera off ebay at some point - I mean - if it's about art and all...

so I'm assuming most talented artists (which they should be, hence the name) - either have too much money on their hands or not enough to buy ... erm... fags?

so they'll probably go for the flash drive... seeing they can sell it off with the wider market and all.

I'd probably go for the flash drive myself... to say nothing of the dog.

cheers!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts