Voting Chart

Total votes : 9

Are photos that were recognizably created in photoshop marketable like regular photos?

Poll ended at November 28th, 2004, 1:01 pm.

•  
    yes
  •  
    no
  •  
    yes- but only in webdesign

Art created with Photoshop

• pgenung
  • Born
  • Born
  • pgenung
  • Loc: ny

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been an aspiring photographer and photoshop-artist, taking and making photos for family and friends. Is there a niche for photoshop art? The answer is more apparently yes, online, but ... in the world? Is the stuff relegated to 'photography' and web design? What about the abstract photoshop stuff...[/img]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sure, any art is marketable, and if you flip through a magazine I guarantee there are some advertisements (if not most) that have been photoshopped in some fashion. It's definately relevant to the real world.
  • Cdon
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: A Shoe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, Photoshop Art can be marketable. For example, you could work with a company in designing logos for them. Clothing has become quite popular in the world of digital art, along with logos, magazine ads, and other marketing methods. The only thing you must have is some sort of a portfolio, and you must be good.

However, if you're talking about selling them in public, then I'm not too sure. You'd have more seccess in working for a company or business (if they take you).
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

two words: steve madden

i don't know if you're talking marketable in terms of selling to consumers, but digital art is super-marketable as commercial art. that's a lot of why the technologies have been developed.

i also think that if you get it clean enough... looks beautiful, people dig... of course you're gonna get some consumers to buy - i mean, dang, people buy stupid knicknacks all the time, so people will most definitely spring for something well-done, thought out and yeah yeah yeah...

heights.
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I make art created with PS7 and people buy it, so yes it is marketable. =)
  • pgenung
  • Born
  • Born
  • pgenung
  • Loc: ny

Post 3+ Months Ago

all right, thanks. yea I know I'd like to do some stuff with photoshop in the future but i've just been wondering lately how to increase my skills. my school doesn't have any classes or anything...
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.good-tutorials.com You can learn quite a lot from them and their affiliated sites.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts