Australia shaped pizza - how?

• Gobbledegeek
  • Gobbledegeek

Post 3+ Months Ago

This might sound like a peculiar question but does anyone know how I might get an image of a pizza in the shape of Australia?

Perhaps one of the usual programs has a shaping feature ie mapping, follow path or something.

Just to clarify, I'm not referring to pasting as a mask but instead want it to look like the pizza has been baked in the shape of Australia, crust and all.

Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not to sound silly, but why not buy some pizza dough, roll it out and shape it into the shape of australia, put your toppings on, bake it and invite your friends. Take a picture of it when it's done before your friends arrive. You get your photo and a party at the same time. At least that's what I'd do.
Moderator Remark: typo
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm with ATNO - Occam's Razor applies to everything my friend :)
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really should start writing some tutorials. If i still have a few minutes i'll knock together a quick tutorial for you.
  • Gobbledegeek
  • Gobbledegeek

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I really should start writing some tutorials. If i still have a few minutes i'll knock together a quick tutorial for you.

Great! If you do this, I'll write up the recipe for the pizza I made :)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: sounds like we have a deal.

Please bear with me on this. I have got very very limited time for the next day or so. Tomorrow i should be a bit more free, so i'll try and put something together for you then.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.photoshopstar.com/graphics/pizza-place-logo/

http://www.photoshopforfun.com/pizza_text(fx).htm

http://templates.entheosweb.com/logos_c ... /Pizza.asp

What about some of these?
  • Gobbledegeek
  • Gobbledegeek

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is v2. It will require many more attempts, experimenting with various toppings etc before I'm satisfied with it and I'll no doubt put on weight in the process.

• zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is that a real pizza? LOL OMG that is so funny. Nice job either way. Only thing the picture looks a little funny. The colors look weird. It doesn't look very apetizing.
  • Gobbledegeek
  • Gobbledegeek

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is indeed a real pizza and I'm no expert. I didn't have much in the way of ingredients the oven is an electric fan-forced thing, not designed for creating the perfect pizza. It didn't help much using a camera phone to take the picture and I'm sure any photographer would wince at the lighting and exposure, etc, etc, etc. All these inhibiting parameters illustrate the reason why I was looking for a virtual version in the first place.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest, other than the colouring i don't see anything wrong with that photo.

Getting back to the topic in hand, i'm sorry for not getting back to you on a tut. I've just been totally swamped this last week and a bit. I'm not sure when i'll have some good time left.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

The links I posted didn't help? I using them to make a pizza with the silouhette of my wife. I would be done, but she keeps squirming and trying to eat the pepperoni!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

zaiah wrote:
The links I posted didn't help? I using them to make a pizza with the silouhette of my wife. I would be done, but she keeps squirming and trying to eat the pepperoni!

:lol:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gobbledegeek wrote:
Here is v2. It will require many more attempts, experimenting with various toppings etc before I'm satisfied with it and I'll no doubt put on weight in the process.

You're obviously not an Aussie yourself...... you FORGOT TASMANIA!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's that State right at the bottom where it says Tasmania......

6 states and 2 territories*; Australian Capital Territory*, New South Wales, Northern Territory*, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

PS: great pizza btw!!! The tomatoes look like kisses :lol:
  • Gobbledegeek
  • Gobbledegeek

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm Welsh actually but that's not an excuse. I'm fully aware of Tassie being part of Australia. Do foreigners think it's part of New Zealand or perhaps another bloody French colony?

Anyway, I fully intended to add a piece of garlic bread to represent Tassie but eventually went for the meticulously shaped ketchup splodge instead.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the final result :D
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've always thought of Tassie being part of Oz. To be honest i never really thought alot of the georgaphy of Oz until i started to prepare for my travels there.

Just seeing that map Musik has totally made me miss being there. Would you believe i've been back here for 3 months already?!?
  • Staed
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have always wanted to go to Australia, have heard many good things about the country.
  • martinsejas123
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I live in the Great Southern Land and it is indeed a great country to live in. Ironically, as much as we love our country, we Australians have always had a strong desire to travel abroad, which we are well known for.

The photo of pizza in the shape of Australia was hilarious. Either someone was feeling very patriotic or had too much time on their hands.
  • andreyapadty
  • Born
  • Born
  • andreyapadty

Post 3+ Months Ago

its too cool to have a pizza.... i like olives & cheese a lot wat ever shape it may be

//link removed
Moderator Remark: Spam link was removed. If you wish to link your site, then you can do so in your signature providing it follows Ozzu rules.
  • 22Gigs
  • 22Gigs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, that's pretty awesome haha, just make sure you fix the coloring and maybe replace the tomatoes (a little too silly looking).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts