Banner Design Question

• Fedz
  • Born
  • Born
  • Fedz

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am new to this forum and would like to say hello to everyone.

I have a question concerning banner graphics and dramatic text.

I can't seem to design a high quality banner. My guess would be lack of quality software. I currently use Microsoft Picture It Photo Premium 9 & Easy GIF Animator 3. Although my banners look decent, they just don't have the look I desire.

Can anyone offer affordable software suggestions?

Thanks

AJ
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to Ozzu.

I think when it comes to "value for money" i don't see any reason why you should not go and spend a little bit on Adobe Photoshop CS2.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

that, or try Macromedia fireworks. been using it for ages now and prefer it to photoshop.

get the trial of both and give them a go
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

this may sound basic but i make mine using photoshop and then putting the images into flash to make the banner move.
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

i've been wanting to learn how they create those pix and banners with all the styles and most would advice me to learn photoshop and i am just starting to use it and i find it user friendly.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

and there's so much more about it. just get a good book about photoshop and also reproduce some tutorials (there are plenty on the net). If you have a good imagination and the know how in photoshop tools ... i'll wait for your photoshop made images :D
  • davymacs
  • Loc: Northern Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold wrote:
and there's so much more about it. just get a good book about photoshop and also reproduce some tutorials (there are plenty on the net). If you have a good imagination and the know how in photoshop tools ... i'll wait for your photoshop made images :D

Any good tute sites you would recommend? i think I've been through them all... :?
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold wrote:

i've researched for tutorials and ... what a list...

when i finish one of my photoshop image... i will send it to you... for your "ice" only... i'll modify it and make a poll... the snobbish duck vs the friendly duck..

:) why.... i'm excited.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts