Basic question regarding changing background colors in PS

• Nightslyr
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Nightslyr

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to match up the background color of a logo to that of the webpage it's supposed to go on. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the source files used in the creation of the logo as it was, unfortunately, sent to me as a part of Microsoft Word letterhead.

I tried using the magic wand to section off the proper portion(s), but it selects the majority of the logo, including the parts I don't wish to modify. Here is a link to the logo: http://www.nightslyr.com/aflogo.gif

I only want to change the white -- the gray and red must remain the same. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've saved you a layered PSD file:

http://doliver.co.uk/ozzu/aflogo2.psd

Click on the background layer and fill with the appropriate background colour; you can then save for web.

To select the background before I deleted it I used Select > Colour Range. I then sampled the white and used a slider setting of 23 which seemed to give the best balance of accuracy and softness.

You can also change the settings for the magic wand to get better results when using it, but in this case the colour range option was better as the magic wand would not have selected all the inner areas.
  • Nightslyr
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Nightslyr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great, thank you! :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts