My best work yet. I think.

• dellx
  • dellx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok guys. So this is my latest drawing in PS cs3. I putted 2 weeks time in this. I really feel that my skill has grown a bit when I finished it and I gazed at it. I would like to hear from you. I would also appreciate if someone who was posted in Blizzard's fan art section give's me a pointer or two. I've noticed that some drawing's there lack the level on which I'am drawing atm. Maybe Blizzard dont like my style?
And last question, if you get posted in their section do they return a e-mail?

PS: its rly hard to show ur art in the forums. or i dont know how to attach a jpeg that fits in 256mb
Attachments:
demonhunterw.jpg
Moderator Remark: Attached image for user
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not that familiar with the amount of work put into drawing these, but as for the picture, I like it.

Did you draw it separate from the background and then apply it as a layer?
  • dellx
  • dellx

Post 3+ Months Ago

sherma wrote:
I'm not that familiar with the amount of work put into drawing these, but as for the picture, I like it.

Did you draw it separate from the background and then apply it as a layer?

No I dont use layers. It looks a bit cut/paste becasue there where white spots around the edges where I used "Smudge Tool". Thanks for liking it.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice work

btw that is a security feature of the site that you can not post links unless you got certain amount of posts so get more active and when your 3 month probation is up and you got enough posts you won't have a issue.

Now the picture is some great work, love the medi evil style, don't see it too often but nice.

Great effect and filters like really nice, the edges of the knight looks a little crispy but not a big issue.

Between the body and the right arm in the background there is some blue that does not look in place with the background so take each filter down one by one and clean around it but yea just small picky things.

Great detail in the armor suit, some crest engravings would top off the solder pads and knee pads but just my opinion having the mark of the king adds some style.

The left eye is darker then the right but again i am getting into small details.

Good shading and pencil work but yea think that is all i can see that i would change or alter.

Great work, waiting to see what you present next :)

Zealous
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

What u mean u don't use layers like ??????????? that is the golden part of photoshop.

Your next project try and break it down into layers and then you can move individual pieces around and not have to remake the whole thing again.

layers is a good tool for digital art.
  • dellx
  • dellx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im curently drawing an envoriment pic using layers. will see what comes out :lol:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing I thought of when I saw your image was a world of warcraft geist. Don't ask me why.

• busygoat
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow dellx! I don't know how to create such an image, but I am going to try and learn how to soon. Even so, I did see a lot of digital painting artwork, because I enjoy seeing what people can create. I must say that you did a very good job.. You have a lot of detail, and the shading is good, but I feel like it would need a bit more depth and perspective.. Especially when I look at the bottom side of the artwork I feel like I am looking at something 2D..Maybe it's the background, or how the character fits in the background.. I couldn't tell you.. You will figure it out.

Nevertheless, a great piece! I know you put a lot of effort into it!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts