Big guestion for help

• ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

I supose that here i can ask a guestion like this:

Can you give me a suggestion for parameters as a base for shooting: FOR EXAMPLE:

If you are shooting a portrait person with white backround posible parameteres are: aperture is "THAT", ISO is "THAT", shutter speed is "THAT"

or

if you are shooting the moving target I should pay attention that "THAT" parameters be arround "THAT"

or

For the night shooting pay attention to "THAT"

I ask this guestion because I need something to start with. Maybe it is not possible tell because of the condition during shooting but some approximately thing must be ussual.

Any reply is worth knowing and trying.

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aperature is the opening that the shutter makes rule of thumb is that the darker your subject the wider the aperature of the shutter or f2.8 for low light and f22 for bright light

Shutter speed is the amount of time the shutter is open to receive light. The rule of thumb is that the brither the subject the faster the shutter speed. for bright light 1/4000 of a second and bulb (as long as your finger is down on the shutter button the shutter stays open) to 30 seconds for very low to night pictures.

my best sugestion is to get a book that is by michael wright entitled digital photography it is a really good book it has helped me alot in thinking about the picture before I take the picture.

mtg
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

first thanks for reply.

I got the point but leave me just additional issue: I'm not sure that I can be sure of right values while looking into small camera's monitor, I will be sure when I look the pictures on computer but looking at camera's monitor and have a right judge (especialy for the sharpness when taking pictures without the tripot...I do not know, maybe it takes a little more time. Anyway I will try to make some shots and do my best to learn more.
  • mtg131g
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • mtg131g

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the camera has certain settings such as sports that is going to be around average aperature and fast speed and night will be big aperature and slow speed. what kind of camera do you have that might help out in helping you

mtg
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

ups, sorry I did not mentioned the model which is Nikon 8700.
I supose it is a solid cameera and it is possible to use it in order to make a great shots... ofcourse when I learn enough
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm still waiting for reply *mtg131g* now that i send a camera model

thanks in advance

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts