Bryce 5 ???

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo, where you at I need your assistance. If anyone else can answer, please, do.

I just got a hold of Bryce 5 and I am having trouble applying textures to a specific layer.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

heh....

aint used bryce in over a year =)...

what are you trying to make it do?
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I cant seem to do anything right.

1. I would like to be able to create a night sky but I can't get the stars and such to show.
2. I can't change the texture of a specific plane.
3. How and where can I mold my own shapes, such as people?

Thanks in advance.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

well....

the only thing i could get bryce to do was reflectivce abstracts 0.o, worked for about a week then i moved on to something else, seriously, if you want to make something like that, invest in better software

i remember bryce having nice terrain generation tools, but not much in the way for poly modeling
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. Thanks anyway. Mind if I ask what 3D apps. do you use and please, don't say Maya. I have Maya 6.0, but I can't get it to work to save my life.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use Maya for modelling, MotionBuilder for human & quadraped animation, occasionally Terragen for terrain flyby's and pretty skies, Photoshop for the textures, ImageReady for animated textures, and Premiere for the final cut :)

I know you said don't say Maya, but it really is the best. What's not working for you?
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I try to open the Maya App. on my Mac, it says there is no license available even though there is. I don't understand why it doesn't know it's there it was generated by the app. when I entered the product key. Maybe I should post this and see if anyone else is having this problem. I tried contacting the Alias Software Co. and they don't know either. They think it's my computer but I am 99.99% sure it's not. Out of all my apps. Maya, the only one I have that uses a .dat product license, is the only one that does not work. I hope you can shed some light on my problem.
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use cinema 4d

Its poly modelling tools are very easy to use, plenty of tutorials on the net for it too.

it has a bunch of programs built into the main shell, bodypaint for texturing, modelling section, mocca section for rigging, animation section. all switches from the main view

Haven't had a proper chance to model anything in c4d, i start things but end up being sidetracked. Yesterday i decided to start a mascot for my site, looking nice considering my crap modeling skills :P

if you get c4d, make sure you get R9, R8 is very bad

a nice resource of people for the app
http://www.3dattack.net

good forum, you can see examples of what it is capable of too.

I haven't tried maya. but, it is supposed to be the best, albiet the most complicated.
  • SUNE2C
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe, for your first time opening the program, you need web access to use a key because it checks it against a data base. Its been so long since I loaded it but I think we had the same issue at the school.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting advice, but take a look at the dates. You replied to a 9 month old post. Fortunately both members are still around so it may have been worth the effort

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts