My camera is destroyed

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why is it when you have a perfect picture outside your window that would most likely make you win a competition on Ozzu (no offence to others participating) your camera decides it dosnt want to work.

I was about to use a digital camera i got about a year ago that has been quite problematic ever since it was bought. The batter runs out within about 10 minutes of it being used. The odd thing is, its not just 1 battery we have that runs out, all three of them do!

I was just needing one second to take this picture i am looking at right now to do with the weather and i cannot seem to do it. The light has now faded quite considerably in the last 10 minutes and now it seems pointless looking for something else to take a picture which is quickly fading away.

I am not sure on the battery name or size etc etc nor do i know the camera name. All i know is its a Canon and its about 10x5cm in size...possibly a bit smaller and it has a lense about 1.5cm diameter and the battery is about 3 cm long and about 0.5cm thick...probably some useless information.

I just want to know if this is a common problem to have with digital cameras?
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you using Rechargeable Batteries? Recharable batteries don't seem to run out as fast as regular. When I use regular batteries in my digital camera, I have about 10 minutes like you said, and then it's done. With rechargable batteries, they can last me several hours before needing a recharge. Check your instruction manual, and see what it says about the batteries. Then try using rechargable. They shoudl be Ni/Ca (nickel Cadmium).
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is actually rechargable batterys i am using.

I have often left them on for 48-72 hours flat out hoping this might help it along a bit.

I will have a look later on when i am not busy at instructions etc etc
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright then I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem. Make sure the batteries are compatible with the camera, and depending on how long you have been using the batteries, they may not ba able to hold a charge anymore, in that case it's time for new ones! :)

Good Luck
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am just going to buy a new camera. The other camera i am talking about isnt mine...i borrow it very rarely and when i do the battery is always flat and has always been like this unfortunatly.

So i will go and buy one of my own. Might actually do that tonight during sales :idea:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts