Camera

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am looking to buy a new camera that can take some good quality shots when the light isnt that bright.

The idea was i could take some very early morning shots when the light has just got quite bright and the birds are flying about. The annoying thing is my HP Photosmart R607 Digital Camera seems to go very blurry and cant take a while for the photos to show up on the screen.

I couldnt get to sleep much last night and couldnt help but notice that at around 2:30am this morning the sky outside was incredibly bright and the birds were all chirping and it was such a beautiful morning it was at this point i spotted something that i was crying out to take a shot of as it was soooo beautiful. The sad thing is my Digital Camera couldnt take this shot.

This is just one example of something that has annoyed me for several months. There are soo many pictures i see that need to be taken as they are beautiful. I just need a camera that can do a good job and can take shots during the evening when the sky isnt that bright. I also hope the camera can rely on no flash as i sometimes feel that it provides a a false sense of light which can destroy the photo.

Thanks in advance!
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only camera that can REALLY do what you need is a digital SLR, because you can get interchangable lenses.

Problem is, this gets REAL pricey real quick. What's your budget like?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
The only camera that can REALLY do what you need is a digital SLR, because you can get interchangable lenses.

Problem is, this gets REAL pricey real quick. What's your budget like?

I am not fussed on the budget. I think looking at anything over £1000 is maybe unrealistic at the moment. But this is something i would be saving up for.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might wanna look at the Nikon D70 with the 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF AF-S DX kit lens.

It's a great combo to get you started. For the darker shots though, you're going to want a tripod.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, that is 2 for the D70. I was actually going to recommend it before I even saw your post Axe!

Get a tripod and shoot in manual mode with a long shutter speed....you will love it.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, the D70's nice for this kinda budget, just getting into it. I've got the D100 myself, and LOVE everything about it. I wouldn't trade it fo r a D70 no matter what, but if you've never had the features of the D100 & MB-D100 grip, you won't miss them on the D70 :)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The D70 it is. I will have a look around for that. Thank you very much Axe and Truce!

Very much appreciated!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts