• ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are two models that i'm interwsted:

CANON S2 IS = 550 EUR

CANON PRO 1 = 765 EUR

does the difference in price is according to the quality. i mean is it good to give more money for the second models or should i buy S2 IS model.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you're gonna go to the expense of a Pro-1, you might as well go for a 300D or 350D Digital SLR. The Digital Rebels are pretty cheap these days, and will give you a much better quality image (with the right lens and shooting technique) than any point-n-shoot.
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for reply............ but in my head is total eclipse.

Please give me a real oppinion. I can not pay more than 700 eur.

among canon s2=540 eur is which seams to be the best choice what about the following:

1.fuji s2 pro=660 eur

2. canon eos 300 D = 700 eur

3. fuji 7000 = 450 eur

or suggest me something because i do not know anymore. Give me your top 3 favourate ones but i will buy only one which are no less than 5 Mpx and no less than 6 optic zoom. I'm not sure about the prices-thay are maybe wrong.

are there a differences in Mpx between SRL models (canon eos 300d = 3.2 Mpx) and i do not find optic zoom information. Maybe i dont understand something........reply me
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Still n o r e p l y
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gave you a real opinion. My opinion is if you're going to spend that much money, you might as well get a decent piece of equipment.

Look at reviews on steves-digicams.com, and look at the sample images produced by these cameras.

You've had many many responses to your various threads about what camera to get. Just look at the reviews, then get down to your local store, try them out, see what you like.

I wouldn't look at the Fuji 7000, it's a point-n-shoot. The Fuji S2 Pro is a better camera, in my opinion than the 300D, but the 300D is probably going to be a better system for you.
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you are willing to buy from a US store, i have a great price

http://usaphotonation.com/products.asp?product_id=11858

Canon Rebel EOS 350D XT Silver w/ 19-55mm Lens for $579 USD = 480 Euro

+ Shipping 19.90 USD = 16.53 EUR

So your total cost for the camera and a lens would be 496.53 SHIPPED EURO.
  • ZAKD
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ZAKD

Post 3+ Months Ago

if if were somewhere near i would buy it tonight for that money and i would take a bigger lens (this is like 3x optic zoom if i understand) but the problem is that i'm so far away from USA.

Is it possible ro be send buy post directly to Europe and to be paid when collecting.

if somebody from EUROPE could tell me what is the price for example in Switzerland or Germany or France or Italy please do.

thanks
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I wouldn't send my worst enemy to Photo Nation.. have you seen their Reseller Rating?

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8278.html

0.97/10 with 213 reviews.

Given that the retail price (B&) is $889.95 on the 350D, I'd be HIGHLY suspicious of any price under $800 for that body.
  • mathfiend
  • Born
  • Born
  • mathfiend

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just bought both of these because I was interested in having a camera that could do long zoom and that would stabilize the image. Tried both and decided on the Sony. Not sure if I got a bad sample or what, but the Canon images seemed hazy. However, it is a very nice handling camera with a lot of options. I really love my Sony DSC-H1. It handles so nicely and I got accustomed to the control layout very quickly. Manual options for aperture and shutter speed allow you to get PERFECT images. Most of my shots are razor sharp with the exception of non-flash indoor photos. However the image stabiliztion feature really keeps blur to a minimum. LOVE IT! The camera focuses very quickly both indoors and outdoors and there is almost no shutter lag. Flash is very good as well and has a longer range than the Canon's. Love that it comes with 2 NMH batteries and the charger is included in the cost of the camera! So easy to pack spares and if they die, you can always use alkalines in a pinch. The camera's macro mode produces STUNNING results - much clearer and sharper than I was able to achieve with the Canon S2IS. Here are some of the negatives I have discovered about the Sony. Indoor images taken without flash are a bit more orange than I'd like (even after white balance correction) and white balance correction is not available in Auto mode. You cannot zoom during movie mode (which you CAN do with the Canon S2IS). I'm not too concerned about that since I would not be needing this feature. I already have a Sony TRV-70 for video. The Sony also is lacking some of the easy "scene options" that the Canon has (such as snow, foliage, etc.) but since image quality is more important that fun options, I stuck with the Sony.

To be honest, with these ultra zoom cameras selling at $500 or less you just can't expect perfection. Trade offs are inevitable. If money is an issue for you, here are alternatives to consider.
I tested my friend's Canon S50 a while ago and I think its images were better than either of these zoom cameras. The newest of these is the S70. Advantage of this model is that it has a wider range (28mm equivalent). However its low light performance is not supposed to be as good. Also If you don't need long zoom or don't want to pay for the image stabilization another nice option that is less expensive than the Power Shot Pro is the Canon G6. It takes great pictures!

Good luck!

Part II 7-25-05
Having had a few more days to experiment with my new DSC-H1, I have found that there is a custom white balance setting that works much better than the presets for indoor non-flash shooting. It is not accessible in Auto mode, but that's to be expected.
Indoor pictures taken with this custom white balance setting do not appear "orange" in any way! I'm very relieved that I found this option!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts