Cartoon Programs

• Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know you're probably expecting something about Saturday morning cartoons in here, but actually, I have a different question. Does anyone know of any good Cartoon making software, preferably freeware, that I can have multiple layers and frame-by-frame editing? I have always wanted to make my own cartoons using my many voices, but I could never find any decent programs to do it with.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recommend Macromedia Flash MX.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flash would be my recommendation, as well. It would give you layers, frames and audio capabililty. Further, the ability to export to multiple formats, so if you wanted to, you could take it to video.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are applications designed for cell animation, cant think of any was a while ago since i was into that but like the others have said, flash is probably your best bet. also good for distribution, you can release it on the web or tv quality and burn to dvd. very flexible. I do find some of the drawing tools a bit unfriendly at times.

and the good thing is there is alot of flash animation around on the web, and there are a lot of tutorials and resources to help you start out.
  • Jaw
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not to many freeware programs out there that will give you enough flexibilty. i would suggest as others have. Use Flash.. You can onion skin and import wav files.

If you already have photoshop or illustrator, notice that you can use layers and change opacity on each layer. Essentialy you can fade a layer which is just like onion skinning.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

also depends on what style too. i have seen animations that have been done in 3d apps and rendered with a cell shader. looks really cool. actually there are alot of cartoons that use 3d elements in them these days.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts