Celtic-ish Design: How do I do it?

• kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do I make that design? I've searched through google. No sucess thus far.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Umm.. "that" looks like a scribble on my monitor, but to create Celtic-ish designs, try searching for "draw Celtic knotwork."

Good luck.
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like a solution. I can search google without the assistance of key words, thank you. Your advice returned 0 relitive results for me.
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

In Illustrator, experiment with some of the predefined brushes, assigning them to bezier paths drawn with the pen tool. Just bear in mind your finished size as those shapes are pretty small, as justG said.

You might also like to consider being civil to anyone who's already tried to help by posting, even if the results aren't quite what you're after.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try this program

http://www.abbott.demon.co.uk/knots.html

And these links
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/farp/thea ... knots.html
http://www.clanbadge.com/tutorial.htm (be sure to check the link at the bottom of that page on the lower right for a link to download a celtic font.

Should be about all you need to get started. Moslty just experimenting until you get something you like after that. P.S. Google can be quite helpful. Found those on the first page of my first query.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

As an aside, although the image is too small and blurred to tell for certain, I'm not even positive that actually is Celtic art, as you can tell by what others posted and the links above Celtic art is primarily knotwork. I'm thinking the image you presented is just somebody's attempt at some creative caligraphy. Either way it's nearly impossible to say exactly how they did it, other than they most likely only drew it once and then flip-flopped the image for the alternate side.
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please forgive my rudeness. Thank you for the help.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

No prob. Actually, you can really do a lot with wingdings and webdings too. I did this one in a little under two minutes using just wingding2 font and a straight line.

Just simple copy and paste from a character map to photoshop and a bit of transform rotation and placement.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do a lot of hand drawn pieces and then scan them into the computer. I use a special blue pencil for the sketch that the scanner doesnt detect, and then do the final with a pen. True, its a bit more time consuming, but it helps me get exactly the effect or element I'm looking for.

Good luck.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Kev, no worries. I didn't intend for my reply to come across as "RTFM." You had no responses, so though I didn't have time for a comprehensive reply, I thought I'd try and get you started down the right path. I figured others would step in and provide more help in time, which they did. =]

- Gita
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW:
You got that out of webdings?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep. Actually just one symbol. I placed three copies on three separate layers, then rotated and moved them around til it looked kinda cool. Then just drew a straight line on a fourth layer. Like I said, took all of about two minutes. That's just a basic one. I'm sure you could get fancy with it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts