Challenge me

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like for you all to take this opportunity to challenge me to work on some Digital Design stuff. I've got a series of important interviews coming up in a couple of weeks (i was only invited a couple of days ago) and it is essential i bring a portfolio with a good range of work with me. I have a few bits and pieces here and there but nothing that really springs to mind as being worthy of a portfolio.

If you would like to, i'd appreciate as many suggestions and challenges as possible over the forthcoming week or two.

Thank you.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interviews where ?
What kind of stuff will they have you doing ?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

3 interviews at a college down in Edinburgh again. I am also looking at full time work as a Graphic Designer (training provided) at a local company which is expanding. So, i guess it might be nice to show them stuff should they interview me.

The three courses i've applied for (only one of which i'll choose to go for) are Higher National Diplomas in Professional Photography, Visual Communication, and 3D Interior Design. It'll be fun seeing what each of these courses include, i won't fully know until the interviews are out of the way.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

As odd as it sounds, I didn't get a position once because I didn't know enough about the company & what they wanted me to do. Reason being because I scored the interview over the phone & didn't take it upon myself to figure out what the company was all about before I went in.

I'm confused, is this an interview to get into some sort of higher education program or a job interview ? :scratchhead:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The interview is for a course at a college i'm hoping to attend.

I'm also in the process of applying for a job at a local company, so some of the work could be used to show my level of development.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could make a 3d model of a rooms full of things, that you've taken photos of. Going for accuracy in recreation from photos. You'ld have to practice how to take photos easy to create models from and creating models from photos.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Revisit all the Digital Art competitions, and any you haven't already participated in, make something via the competition guidelines.

In the meantime send a PM to Nucleo and get to know him. He's relatively local to you in the UK and is incredible with digital art and could give you some pointers.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Revisit all the Digital Art competitions, and any you haven't already participated in, make something via the competition guidelines.

That's what I was going to say. There are only a couple of entries for the nature's gifts comp.. it'd be cool to see what you come up with. You could always make a large image that works for your portfolio and then optimize it to the contest specs before you submit.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts