Changing Colors in Photoshop

• kanexpo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Geneva, Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Lads,

I would like to make this white shirt blue without using the bucket, how to do that?

Anyone know? Basically i would like to design the "away" shirt.

Thanks a doze
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Albert_chu
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Albert_chu

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
its pretty much possible to use the paint brushes..if your willing to spend like an hour on it..another way is to use the magic wand tool and draw a shape around the t-shirt and invert it so u have the inside of the t-shirt selected..then change the colour to the blue that u want.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Albert_chu wrote:
Hi,
its pretty much possible to use the paint brushes..if your willing to spend like an hour on it..another way is to use the magic wand tool and draw a shape around the t-shirt and invert it so u have the inside of the t-shirt selected..then change the colour to the blue that u want.

I actually played about with this graphic the other day and used the magic wand. The only problem was when you select the magic wand on the outside of the graphic anywhere on the white it also selects the sleeves of the shirts. This is a pain in the butt, however if you are willing to play about with this tool then just drawing a more solid line along the sleeves would be good enough to allow you to play about with the graphic more using the magic wand tool.

I am not all that familier with Photoshop (although i am still learning) but this would appear to be the best tool for what you are trying to do. The Cloning stamp might also work as well though if you can find another shirt graphic with the same sort of colour and shape.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure what it's supposed to look like and I only did just the one side, but this took about 3 minutes with magic wand and bucket and a touch of blur to comp for the aliasing.

Would take a little more effort to get it all right, but yeah, magic wand and bucket are a quick way to get started. Then some detail work with paint brush on a pixel per pixel basis for lines and such.
  • shishkebob
  • shishkebob

Post 3+ Months Ago

will layers work? coz back when i was working with this graphic, i experimented with photoshop and used layers and i think it worked... just cant recall any part of what i did... hehe...

but without using the bucket tool, well... it'll take eat up some major time...
  • beautifulove
  • beautifulove

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didnt use the photoshop for quite a long time! but am installin it tomorrow, then I'll learn it well this time..
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can just brush with a soft round brush with the color you want (not the exact color, because you will change the blending mode of the layer and it will change it slightly. But set the brushed layer to "color" and it will look like its on the shirt. Then zoom in (ctrl and +) and take the polygonal lasso tool and make a selection of what you need to erase. Erase all parts where you brushed over the line of the shirt and etc.

I might give this a try in a minute and edit my post. But I dont know what colors you need.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mi job es muy sloppy....lol

But yeah, I didnt know what colors and all.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts