Clarifying an image

• bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok I have this image of a friend and he has a sticker on his shirt, but the problem is, I want to see what it says but dont know how to enlarge it and be able to see what it says instead of seeing it blurred. How do i do this in photoshop or another program?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends on the quality of the image. If the letter outlines don't hold enough shape to blow them up you won't be able to do anything with it.

Try enlarging the view first, if it's too blurry then increase the width & height of the image a small bit (depends on the size of the image) at a time while running a sharpen filter on it each time, then view it zoomed in again.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

magnifying glass ;-)
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

In photoshop, unsharp mask (under filters->sharpen->unsharp mask) and smart blur (under filters->blur->smart blur) can be used with some success to bring out letters that might otherwise be too blurry to read.

Another trick is to play with the contrast and brightness if the letters are just too faint to read. Try increasing the brightness a bit, then play with the contrast slider and see if that helps at all.(under image->adjustments->brightness/contrast)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts