b&w+color

• psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: long island, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

id like to know how i can have a black and white photo and then make a certain part of the picture into a color ...that stand out effect.
like a black and white photo of a woman...but her lips and dress are red?
what is this called and how can i do it
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am sure there are other ways of doing this, but the way i would choose to do this is to use the "Magic Wand" tool in Photoshop and select the area you would like to change and then colour it in the desired colour.

Again, i think there are probbly better ways of doing this, but as a means of trying something out you could use that?
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD
  • Loc: Cologne, Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you starting with a colour or greyscale photo?
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.absolutecross.com/tutorials/ ... olorizing/

or this

http://www.idigitalemotion.com/tutorial ... ation.html
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Impel GD wrote:
Are you starting with a colour or greyscale photo?

what difference does it make?
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

hustlinpapi1 wrote:
what difference does it make?

I was going to direct the answer down one of the two routes that 613flavah has posted - you've got all you need for both circumstances now.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, all thoughs ways can be really long and tedias(<<spell check). Also, using the magic wand is not all that precise and extremely difficult to use in small places, epecially if your doing hair or eyelashes. The best way I found, is to use: image>adjustments>replace color...Match the settings in the example image. With the eyedropper+ drag it over every color you want to desaturate and click ok. All done. now if you want you can go back and this time select the color you just isolated and adjust the saturation.
  • hooperman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hooperman
  • Loc: manchester, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

You didn't say which graphics app you were using. If you're using fireworks you can draw a vector of the outline of the lips and use a blend mode of color.
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

it says photoshop in the top left corner of his screenshot
  • hooperman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hooperman

Post 3+ Months Ago

CE/ Pyrocy wrote:

The original poster did not attach a screenshot (unless I missed it).
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

CE/ Pyrocy wrote:

Hooperman was asking psuedofy what software he was using and not what OriginNo_II was using to do what he did.

hooperman wrote:
CE/Pyrocy wrote:

The original poster did not attach a screenshot (unless I missed it).

Hooperman, it looks like CE/Pyrocy misread your first post.
  • hooperman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hooperman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you're right SB, it's easily done :)
  • CE/ Pyrocy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Santa Barbara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

whoops my bad.. sorry
  • hooperman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hooperman

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can bet your bottom dollar he probably isn't using Fireworks though LOL!
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seyewn8.jpg

i still cant get it...this is uber frustrating omg! :banghead: :bad-words: :banghead:
thats the picture....all i want is it to be in black and white but havethe color of the eye (iris) a realistic red color
just tell me how
i havephotoshop 7
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just read the answers and links.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

:wink:

Just a to add, with playing about with the tools on photoshop i actually managed to change the colour of the eye a bit so it stood out a bit more.

I am not joking though, it took no more than 5 minutes to do that if you read the replies left.

// I also note that it is "Impel GD" and not "Impel_GD". I'm not sure what made me think there was an underscore there :lol:
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

now why would i make a post such as that without having checked out all the links and read all the posts? i did and i was still having trouble but after some tampering i found out what was wrong: the mode for the brush was on color dodge....i didnt know that the colors on the face were supposed to change in real time which was why i thought i was doing something wrong.

once again thank you for insulting my intelligence :iconthumbright:
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

psuedofy wrote:
now why would i make a post such as that without having checked out all the links and read all the posts?

Well, posts such as the following don't usually get the best responses due to a lack of information and perceived manners:

psuedofy wrote:
i still cant get it...this is uber frustrating omg! :banghead: :bad-words: :banghead:
thats the picture....all i want is it to be in black and white but havethe color of the eye (iris) a realistic red color
just tell me how
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i understand
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

psuedofy wrote:
i understand

That being the case, maybe you'd like to consider thanking those who have spent time linking to, explaining and demonstrating the techniques instead of insinuating they're talking rubbish? There's been at least three contributors who've posted good stuff for you.

Or maybe you'd like your money back? :roll:
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

now what difference would it make if i said thank you? will it make the world at peace? or will it cause a chaotic imbalance that will only be fixed by an equally opposite "your welcome"? will the sun not rise or fall? will gravity cease to exist?
will string theory find a formula?
or will quantum physics be understood as well as myspace.com is?

saying thank you....it seems to only please the uber hedonists...

now even if i did say thank you to all who helped me, i'm still left with the feeling of being a b**** because of what you said...which seemed to me to be some sort of psychology. and also because of what you said....if i were to actually say thank you now, it would render it a hollow comment...seeing as how it was [reverse psychology] forced upon [/reverse psychology]
so im forced with a difficult decision...
i will get back to you on this one :study:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could have saved yourself the hassle and embarassment by actually admitting that you want to appreciate all that people have done for you. Afterall, it is the least you could have done after your post before claiming how you aparently had not recieved sufficient help to do what you were wanting to do. You were proved wrong, yet you never said sorry for your comments.

Your last post just made this go more OTT than it should have. It is just good manners to say "thank you" or "please" when you require someone to go out of their way to help you out. So far you have failed to show any, i really don't know why anyone actually helped you.

What is wrong with showing some respect to those had helped you out by saying "thank you"?
  • Impel GD
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Impel GD

Post 3+ Months Ago

psuedofy wrote:
now what difference would it make if i said thank you?

Quite simply, it would show you appreciate peoples' efforts and act as a small incentive for them to continue helping you with this and other questions you may have.

Your attitude has been off right from your first reply to my question asking for clarification. Learn some manners; then start on Photoshop.
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

well just to clear it up a bit...
impel_GD the first comment i made back to you...it wasnt meant to be taken as rude...i tried to understand what you were getting at....but it just seemed as if there was no way around that question...looking at it now im sure there could have been one other way to rephrase it.... id love to say sorry but something tells me you'd laugh.

now moving on a bit more.
my previous article....it wasnt meant to be taken to heart....i say thank you most of the time that i am helped in any situation...it seems as if it was misunderstood.
its just sometimes i like to get into a philosophical debate...its easy to take it as rude sarcasm...especially when you have no facial expressions nor verbal tones. for that i do apologize.

and another one...SB
i understand that the post i made saying " i cant do it i need help" something to that effect.
i understand now that it was insufficient information...and i know that alot of problems could stem from miscommunications. a perfect example.
but when you posted the picture up with the work done and you seemed to be boasting saying: 5 minutes...just read 5 minutes i got this from 613 flavah's second post.
i took offense to that...it seemed as if you were either trying to insult me...or make me look stupid.
i guess not
so then i do apologize for the misintrepretations to all

its just the way i am i take things in the wrong way most of the time...its called oversensitivity

,thanks all
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, i apologise to you if you took offence to what i posted. It wasn't intended to be that.

It dosn't interest me to annoy people, so it is not something i tend to do intentionally often.

Happy faces all round now? :wink:
  • psuedofy
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

:band: :dance: :band:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts