Constructive criticisms needed on my work

• Davemansfield.net
  • Davemansfield.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys and girls, I came here looking for opinions on my work. I've really only messed about with digital stuff in the past, but what I have done I am fairly proud of and I was wondering if its worth my time to continue with the aim of eventually selling small prints.

This is a link to a few small samples of my stuff, both photos and Photoshop work

http://www.davemansfield.net

cheers for any ideas :)
Dave

Edit: Remade the website and am now selling prints and stuff, one order so far...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would say if you stuck with it you would be able to sell some stuff.
  • Stalker
  • Loc: Atlanta, Georgia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Poly. Your photoshop stuff looks really good, keep practicing and learning new tricks to improve your stuff, it should sell. I also really liked the picture of the carnival, I thought that was kind of cool. Kepp up the good work.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with everyone else, looks on a par with a lot of stuff I see. And you are just getting into it makes me think that you will be able to do great things. I especially like the first one, the blend of shadows in that is excellent.
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Student
  • Student
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Dave,
No wonder everyone is liking your work. You will really do great ahead. Always remember "practice makes a man perfect". My favorite is "sun hiding behind the clouds".
All the Best
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

One thing i think would be really cool is if you did a border around you pics. At least thats what i think. anybody else agree? other wise i agree about the carnival one too. Excellent piece of work!
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice avatar poly
  • Davemansfield.net
  • Davemansfield.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I've not been able to come on for a while because I've away at uni doing some work for my degree.

Thank you all for you messages, they are really a good morale booster and I'm feeling a bit more confident about going ahead with this now.

I found a gallery in Los Angeles that is doing a competition open to anyone, where you send in digital art and they print and display it, it only costs $30 and you get 50% from any sales they make, as well as promoting yourself.
http://www.lacda.com/exhibits/exhibits.html

thats the link for anyone else who is interested. I'm gonna make a new piece as soon as I get home, I'll show you guys when its done :)
  • Davemansfield.net
  • Davemansfield.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, tell me what you like/ Dislike about this. I'm undecided...

http://www.davemansfield.net

Its number A3 in the 'portfolio'>'art' section
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, everything blends well. The only thing I can say is there seems to be a little too much going on
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I absolutely LOVE the first pic (Handstand boy) and the last pic (Flower and tree). Both are quite impressive, IMHO.

The skyline pic and the cloud pic are both on par with other stuff I have seen.

The Digital stuff is OK, but appears to be simple use of filters/compositing in photoshop.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you asked for opinions :)
I really like your photography, though. You seem to have a good eye for composition and balance (The light and shadow in "handstand boy" are quite nice)
I'd like to see more of your photography :)
  • Davemansfield.net
  • Davemansfield.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cheers Spock, Vladdrac, you're right about the digital stuff I think. Though people who don't know about photoshop wont know that its fairly simple. Still takes a while to make, and hopefully looks nice too, still not sure about the latest one... I want people to be harsh by the way, I wanna know what people actually think when they see my stuff.

I like the way everybody like the breakdance picture, I took it while in a club under the influence of a fair amount of alcohol, from my hand extended in the air to see over the crowd. lucky shot! :D

edit: I changed the picture to make it simpler
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

simply awsome..if u add a background it wud make the site look great .. but sure u do good at ps :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts