copyright

• DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am looking at producing a series of products (poster, tshirts etc) based around a car. just wondering if am allowed to use the manufacturers logo without permission or do i need permission?

can i use without permission using a line like all logos and trademarks copyright to their respective owners blah?

not sure how it works as there are websites that use the name of the car in the url too.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am guessing it depends on what you are doing with these shirts products. If you are selling these on the internet then i really wouldnt recommend proceeding without letting the manufacture know. If its small scale use, i still wouldnt recommend it but to be honest not many people will likely know or care if you are wearing a shirt you made for yourself.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am looking at selling the products. somewhat small scale i would imagine, small niche market.

basically its for supras. i want to produce posters, tshirts, etc featuring original artwork/designs of the cars. just wondering if i do this whether i would need permission to use supra logo and possibly the toyota logo. i have seen alot of other products out on the market and i doubt they had permission, i just want to make sure its all legit.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

DR01D wrote:
I am looking at selling the products. somewhat small scale i would imagine, small niche market.

basically its for supras. i want to produce posters, tshirts, etc featuring original artwork/designs of the cars. just wondering if i do this whether i would need permission to use supra logo and possibly the toyota logo. i have seen alot of other products out on the market and i doubt they had permission, i just want to make sure its all legit.

I cant see any reason as to why you wouldnt be able to do this as long as its small scale. Try and find out from other people you know that might be doing this and see what they have done, some companies can take this pretty seriously as a breach of copyright.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just about every copyright/legal statement in the world says not, "...without the express written permission..."
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you think about it, it's less work to just provide them with the details of what you want to do & get permission/work out a deal than it is to ask "everyone else" & constantly be looking over your sholder so to speak.

*side note - I swear, one of theese days "ethics" wont even be in the dictionary anymore :lol:
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have sent an email off to toyota so ill wait to hear from them, i might also try track down the designers of some of the products i have seen and see what they have done. i doubt many of these have asked permission, which doesnt make it right but....im keen to keep it legal...thanx for the replies

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts