Ms Danger WIP

• hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not yet finished, but it doest look..outstanding. In fact it looks sorta boring. What do you guys think?
Btw I'm aware that the left hand looks awkward. Don't really know how to fix it though ):

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like this, would love to see how it finishes.

Left hand does look a bit awkward but it's not bad.

Toning on the skin is good though, although maybe needs a little bit of smoothing?

Please keep us up to date.
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

these are it's past and its newest updated pic (: any comments on how to improve?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

How are you making this?
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think part of your problem is that the viewer can't discern a story/meaning. You feel like its "missing" something because your brain wants to know whats going on. Minimal background or some sort of props will go a long way to help with the story and will also help you make a more interesting composition that will distract the viewer from any imperfections in the illustration.
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB: Uhm.. Photoshop and a wacom tablet? (:

graphixboy: I guess you're right... but I don't know what to do about the problem! Like... what to add etc
  • waxlyrical
  • waxlyrical

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Nice concept, I like it.

I'm far from an expert, and struggle myself with perspective at times but I think that I would take another look at the arm from the shoulder down...it seems to be rolled too far forward and too much armpitt overhang proportionately? I think this is throwing the perspective on the hand? Also, most women have a slight rounding to their abdomen even when they are very slim (most not all lol) and so the hand doesn't lie quite 'flat' when placed across the midriff it curves slightly at the knuckles? I hope this helps.

Jaycey x
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks waxlyrical (:

Okay so far I've changed the left hand's finger placings, the shading around the armpit area, added patterns to the dress, refined the necklace she's wearing, added a drop of blood to the end of the sword and she now also has a creepy shadow. yup. (:
below are the two versions of the bg. dont really know which one looks better though

• SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Only because it emphasises the figure and colours of the woman i favour the darker background. Definitely starting to take some shape.

Always been interested in getting a Wacom, which one are you using here?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why do the blood drops have shadows? I don't know what the gray blots are intended to be, but there's nothing casting them, so it looks as if they belong to the blood droplets. That's really throwing the perception as it contradicts the light source (shadow angle) of the figure.
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB: Dark one huh? Hmm okay. I'm using an intuos, don't remember what size but it's pretty big, definitely not portable. haha.

UPSGuy: Hehe those thingies were meant to be the... uhm.. part of the.. poofy thing at the bottom of the shadow? you know.. when in cartoons and evil witches appear they always have these swirly smokey puff things with bits flying around? ....yeah. Hahaha obviously I didn't achieve that, bleah. Looks like alot more tweaking is needed..
  • waxlyrical
  • waxlyrical

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL just to throw a spanner in the works, I like the light one hehe, though I do like the dark one too...is it me or does the right elbow joint (inside) look higher than the outer extrusion?

The tweaks on the shoulder and arm seem to have improved things on the other arm, well done (dare I say that it still seems to be swung too far foward at the elbow and forearm? I just stood in this pose in the mirror and its awkward to bring the arm so far around and when I do the angle tightens looking at the shape of the inner arm through the elbow and at the wrist joint unless the shoulder is slung back to compensate...I'm honestly not being picky here, it's just one of those things that would frustrate the heck out of me trying to work it out when I'm painting haha and the only way I know how to look at stances for figures is to look in the mirror and try them hehe).

Nice work, keep smiling :)

SB I use a wacom intuos 3, it rocks, I think mine is A5 size you'll be surprised at how much work space it gives and it's about the same footprint as my 15inch laptop (Ive been fantasisisng about a cintiq for ages now lol)

Jaycey x
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent work by the way.

Thanks for the info on the wacom you are both using. I have to invest in one someday.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome, His. Thanks for sharing your process with us. I hope you stick around let us see more of your works. I know I would like to see more. Great concept, love the shadow, lol.
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Alright so I've been told she needs a head so now she has one. (:
God it was hard making her look feminine. My characters almost always turn out looking like shemales! Fixed the right elbow to a more correct height. Haha (:
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good - it's still a bit off on the height/angle in relation to the blade, but looking good!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is it just me or is one breast bigger than the other?

Looks good though, you have got some talent.
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello guys again. Did some edits, added a bg, not too sure if it's an improvement though. I dont know what to do with this painting anymore ): I cant think of ideas to make it look cool ):
any ideas?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any larger versions?

From seeing the small version you have posted i actually have to compliment it. Looks really good like that.
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ooops I forgot I made the pic smaller..
Should I add something scary lookin at the back?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, go and see what you can come up with. I do think it needs something in the dark area.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts