distored animated gif - please help!

• sl33pingbeautie
  • Born
  • Born
  • sl33pingbeautie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings All,

I tried making an animated gif, but it looks distorted (there is some residual pixelation as the animation moves forward), I was hoping you might have a suggestion or two?

Thanks so much,
Ann
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've fixed your post for you and i can now see the problem you are talking about. I am just about to send you an email as i am interested in seeing what your image is like and how it is being saved. I hope you've got a copy of the original file somewhere.

In the meantime, if anyone else can see what the problem is then feel free in chipping in some ideas. I have a feeling it may have something to do with how the file is being saves, the save quality etc etc. Until i see the original file i am not entirely sure what the issue is. It's possible someone out there has seen this before and can help you out before we exchange emails.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm really not here at the moment, got alot going on but managed to sort it out for you.

Check it out...

Attachments:
animation.gif

I am sure there is a reason, but i simply resaved it. I also thought it would have been better by reducing the frame delay by 0.1 seconds. Seems to run a little bit smoother.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, it is obvious i am not fully concentrating. The image you emailed me is larger in size than the one on your website where the original file is linked from. It wouldn't surprise me if this has a lot to do with it.
  • sl33pingbeautie
  • Born
  • Born
  • sl33pingbeautie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Craig,
It needs to be 300 by 100 pixels. Do I have too many layers? Is there a way to compress them before i save without irraticating my animation?
regards,
Ann
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure i get you. What i did was saved the original file you sent me again. For some reason the file on your site appears to be about half that of the 300x100px you want for some reason.

The file size is only 475kb which isn't too big a file. It can be smaller i guess, but by making it smaller you'd either have to shrink the physical size of the file either by changing the pixel width and height or by removing frames, or you could reduce the quality. If you reduce the quality then you are bound to have the problem you are having with the image linked before.
  • sl33pingbeautie
  • Born
  • Born
  • sl33pingbeautie

Post 3+ Months Ago

how did you save it? what peramiters did you use? did you use photoshop?
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used Photoshop CS3. I went to File>Save File for Web & Devices and had the settings set at...

Attachments:
saveas.gif
  • sl33pingbeautie
  • Born
  • Born
  • sl33pingbeautie

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks, i'll go try this now...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts