Extracting images out of word

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am busy doing a site for TheAnalystMagazine and they sent me the articles along with their pictures in Word ... but the moment I copy the image in word and paste it in Photoshop, it looks absolutely horrifying ... Is there another way to get the images out of word ...
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why do you have to move the pics to photoshop if the ultimate destination is a web page? Can you use the tools in photoshop to fix the pic?
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, I don't think there is. You can always ask for the original images if you need them.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just want to resize and crop them, they all have to be 100x100 ... or atleast AxA ... and no, the pics look really really crappy the moment they're out of Word ... I got the original images from the people though just now, so it's not relevant to me anymore ... but maybe to someone else
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, but for someone else: Use printscreen, maybe you have less waste of quality then.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could use this:http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

To me this is a lot better than print screen, although prnt scrn is good for alot of things.

Use the Word doc that you have >>Save as Webpage >> look in "doc title folder" for original images. I had to use this a while back...now I don't use Word too much...OpenOffice...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you ... Man I hate word ...
  • blue_drgn
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Scranton, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to save the doc as a web page. the go to the folder and grab the image. If that doesn't work you may have Microsoft office picture manager. It listed in the Microsoft office tools menu in the start menu. When you initially paste it creates the file in it native format but you can then export in jpeg.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

blue_drgn wrote:
Try to save the doc as a web page. the go to the folder and grab the image. If that doesn't work you may have Microsoft office picture manager. It listed in the Microsoft office tools menu in the start menu. When you initially paste it creates the file in it native format but you can then export in jpeg.

That would work, or you can copy the image to MS Paint and save it as BMP or PNG and then open that BMP or PNG with Photoschop.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts