A few of my recent photos...

• Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't posted any in a while, so I figured I'd go ahead and show a few of my recent shots off...

These were all taken with a Nikon D100 digital SLR camera. Most specific shooting info is with each shot.

First up is a Costa Rican Flying Treefrog. This isn't a real great technical shot, but I thought this guy was pretty cute so figured I'd post it :)

Nikon D100, Nikon 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6D lens @ 80mm f/5.6 1/60th second exposure, Nikon SB-50DX Flash + Lumiquest Mini Softbox.

Here's an image of the moon in partial eclipse. This was taking during the Lunar Eclipse on October 27th, 2004. I ended up taking about 600 shots of the eclipse in 15 second intervals. Eventually I'll get around to cropping and arranging the images to get an MPG video together :)

Nikon D100, Nikon 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 @ 300mm f/5.6 1/500th second exposure.

While I was at work one day, this guy came to hang around in a tree in the car park (It's an immature Osprey). I happened to have my camera with me, so figured I'd give it a try (even though I didn't have any really great lenses with me).

Nikon D100, Nikon 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 @ 270mm f/5.6 1/800th second exposure.

And lastly here's a baby Albino Burmese Python. This guy's a male, so he'll only reach about 13-15ft long as an adult. The females get much larger, averaging around 18ft, and being a lot thicker & heavier than males.

Nikon D100, Nikon 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6D @ 50mm f/4.8 1/60th second exposure. Built-in diffused flash + wireless SB-50DX bounced off the ceiling.

Not amazing photos, but just letting you guys know some of what I've been up to while I've been away recently. :)

I've taken hundreds of photos in the past few weeks. Many of them are still awaiting post-processing, and some are being published on websites, and printed material, so I can't release the real good ones just yet :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

omg those photos are AWESOME!!!!

That frog is gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful!

Nice work Axe hun xxxx
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That tree frog almost looks like a rubber toy -- almost too perfect to be real.

Now I remember why I nominated you in the oscars. If this is your so-so stuff, I can't wait to see your really good stuff. Don't hold out on us too long. As usual your photos are outstanding. (I love that osprey).
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
Nice work Axe hun xxxx

Thanks Musik *smooch* :mrgreen:

Oops, maybe I shouldn't do that, I see from your profile you're now settled in the UK ;)
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Now I remember why I nominated you in the oscars. If this is your so-so stuff, I can't wait to see your really good stuff. Don't hold out on us too long. As usual your photos are outstanding. (I love that osprey).

Thanks ATNO. Once the others start getting their official releases, I'll post a few more in here for y'all to have a look at :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
musik wrote:
Nice work Axe hun xxxx

Thanks Musik *smooch* :mrgreen:

Oops, maybe I shouldn't do that, I see from your profile you're now settled in the UK ;)

Yup! Sure am! Aww come ere *smoooooooooooooch* (on the cheek) shh Finndel might be looking :lol: ;)
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow! Wow! The bird and moon pictures are my favorite. Those are breath taking. Awesome work. :shock:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts