Fibre Optic

• Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Liverpool - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heya
Jus wanted to show you all my latest..
Its the only time ive had to do anything, since ive been playing the game 'Planetside' non-stop lol, (great game by the way! its a drug i swear by it!)

Name : Fibre Optic
Compile Time : bout 2 hours
Tools of the trade : 3ds max and photoshop
Inspiration : None, jus gave 3ds a blast and found an appropiate name.
URL : Click Here
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

very cool. I would kind of like to see more of the blob in the middle instead of it being so bright (it draws your eyes right to that and its hard to focus on anything else in the pictre).
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanx. thats all part of the lighting of the image.. i mean i could change it, but i dont think it will look as good, i like the brightness of it lol :?
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea I imagined as much, do you mind revealing a bit of the process you went through to get the rendering?
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

you want me to tell you all the stuff i used? lol. ok

i used a series of 'noise' paramic modifiers first to get the look of it, played around by rotating it to get the perfect angle.
then went into material editor, chose 'reflection' and played around with that, then went into opacity and played with that too lol. theres also a few other bits an peices..
its really hard to show someone how to do it in a forum, IM etc..
much easier is the person is physicaly there, lol.
but if your intrested in 3ds max, i suggest you check out some tutorials, im sure there on the net somewhere. allthough i havnt came across any as of yet.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing original about it, but it's still pretty good. There's tons of these
around, that's why i say that.

The brightness is a big negative on it, as I agree with b_heyer on that.
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothin original? hey why dont you tell that to all the designers on deviant art or whatever, tell them to stop creating art because its unoriginal..

hey wait, why not jus close photoshop, open up MS PAINT and let your imagination go wild..
cause nah, we dont need 3ds or nothin anymore do we
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gotta defend unflux, your art is becoming cliched. The last two or three images you put out have the same bubbly glass figure behind them with an overlay of binary/html/unlegible text. And if all the users on deviant art are doing this type of art, isn't it furthing unfluxes argument?

Fusion wrote:
hey wait, why not jus close photoshop, open up MS PAINT and let your imagination go wild..
cause nah, we dont need 3ds or nothin anymore do we

Sounds like a good idea, and artist should be able to work in a variety of mediums, especially if they are graphic designers.
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

wait.. to be honest, i couldnt give a f*ck if its cliched. its art, its my own style. you must have your own style, i have mine.
if your such a genius why dont you show us some of your art work then?
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Sounds like a good idea, and artist should be able to work in a variety of mediums, especially if they are graphic designers"

yeah, and thats what would seperate artists from the good artists aint it
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

How many wine testers create their own wine?
I am more into photography and webdesign, but I know art when I see it.
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok chief.. websites then?
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

the style which i use and yeah many others use, is called abstract..
i really dont care if you say its unoriginal, because your saying that to the other thousands of artists aswell as me..
i thought art was about style, not originality... shouldnt you be flaming people who are ripping work instead :x

oh and unflux. about oringinality?
your site is based on 2advanced studios website..
which has jus had a new look, bah..
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really don't know much about digital art...and I really shouldn't get into this, but I agree with Brandon and Unflux. It's not just that a lot of other people have the same style as you, it's that most of your designs look so similar.
I have liked many of your previous designs, but I can't say that I like this one much at all. Have you ever heard someone say, "That's just a bunch of noise", when listening to music? Well, to me, that's what this design is.
But, hey, what do I know?
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well maybe i should jus quit art and become a godamn plumber
  • JORDO
  • JORDO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I've looked across this forum for a couple of weeks now, and decided finaly to join up as a member.
This post kind of got me a little heaved.
I have seen some very good ideas and some very imaginative art since I've been here.
Mostly from Fusion and a few others.
I've been a digital art and gfx designer for 10 years, and have worked for a few web design companys and techno art teams in that period, and I have to say some of the work that is gettin comments is a bit harsh in my experience.
Fusion I think your work is of great qaulity and a style im very acustomed to its very techno and very dynamic with alot of simple yet fantastic touches.
Do you work for a gfx company?
You shouldn't listen to some of these comments, because techno type art like yours is possibly the most sort after gfx design in the industry at the moment, and you have a great way of expressing your work in such a way that demands for this type of art is priceless.
Over the last 4 years or so the gfx mainstream has turned more to the style you have customised yourself with and I think with a bit of tinkering your designs could be of great intrest to alot of companys out there.
Most of the work I have seen on here is well not to be disrespectfull, but misguided in its attempts .
I think alot of the work is not thought up before it is designed, dont get me wrong there are some 'ok' peices among them, but i feel you have the wrong attitude against other peoples work .
For instance the comment about Fusion's 'Fibre optic' pic. Were its said to be too bright. Well if u take a handfull of optic fibre chords and scrunch them into your hands, you get a very bright blury spot in the midle with the outer ends having a trickle of light from the central source. This is very well represnted in Fusion's picture and I think he has done a great job in reproducing the effect .
I also think the comment about unoriginal work is a bit of a stupid one and cliche?
Well art is art unless 2 pictures are identical then seriously you don't know what you are talking about.
The style of fusions work is not such a case of cliche but a demostration of were digital gfx is in the year 2003. His style is exactly what big name production companys and design groups are after and I feel the word cliche and unoriginal are poorly used in your posts.
Jordo.
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanx alot! about what you said "if u take a handfull of optic fibre chords and scrunch them into your hands, you get a very bright blury spot in the midle with the outer ends having a trickle of light from the central source" i knew about this, and thats why i didnt want to remove the lighting, i think it gives a good effect.. but its 50-50 if people will like it, but i couldnt really care less. on every art i do, i take my circles with me, but.. its jus like putting your company name or logo on each piece of art.. to me, its just there to accompany the name of the peice. i do use alot of the same elements in each peice, but thats all part of the 2d. you look at any peice of abstract work on dev art or whatever, youll see that they all have 2d work aswell as 3d
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

another thing i have to point out is, bheyer your saying that i use alot of overlays and small text.. your also defending unflux. well take a look at his pics, you should be arguieing against him too. cause there of the same nature.

http://www.unflux.com/files/vortex.jpg

http://www.unflux.com/files/covert.jpg

these both have the small text areas, and they both have a logo. which is nothing more than what my circle is that i like to plug around.
so when you criticise my work, make sure its unique.. and your not being hypocritical...

in england, we have a saying 'dont jump on the bandwagon' dont know if you have it in the US.. but thats what i think you lot have done over this topic.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jordo, I am glad to have you with us, but lets discuss my use of words, which you so slyly suggested was inappropriate.

Thanks to dictionary.com:
cli•ché: something that has become overly familiar or commonplace
original: independent and creative in thought or action : INVENTIVE

Your speech has opened my eyes. At first I thought that this "techno" art form was something that has been duplicated and redone over the past few years in aspect to the new generation of art. Then I realized something after reading this:
Quote:
techno type art like yours is possibly the most sort after gfx design in the industry

This art form is also being used in the industry! Now getting to the point, because this is clearly a disarray of thoughts at the moment; the definition of cliché clear states that you are just continually reinforcing the facts. Industry uses this style, artists at deviant art use this style, it's here, it's there; I am sure Google would stand up to its name if I searched for this style. As far as I am concerned this type of work has become commonplace.

How often do you see computer rendered creations in the artistic style of Leonardo Da'Vinci or other great artists of the renaissance period? No not often at all. But that IS art! Those artists are still the greats! But why don't you ever see it anywhere? Because it has become to easy to slap a few 3DSM Renderings onto a blank canvas in Photoshop, throw some layers in there, pull off a few filters, and get something that looks decent.

As for a few aspects relating to Fusions latest picture, "Fibre Chords,” as a photographer if I wanted to "scrunch [the fibro chords] into [my] hands" and take a picture of it, I wouldn't put the brightest spot in the middle of my workplace. You of all people, a veteran of ten years of extensive graphic design should know this, it has been taught in art classes and photography seminars I attend, the rule of thirds. You, I am sure, also know that the first thing your eyes are drawn to in a picture is the brightest area. With an area that takes up a little less then half the whole canvas practically white, anyone would find it hard to focus on anything else.

I care not if the industry knows who I am when I leave college, I care not what the industry thinks of my work when I am forty. I care not, at all, what they say about me at sixty. I care that I left my own unique and individually stylistic mark on them when I am dead and gone.

Finally in retrospect to Fusions latest post, take not of the background before trying to prove a point, his arts background is individual in each work and unobstructed by the overlays. He uses a different picture each time he does this. I can list at least 4 images off the top of my head that you have that contain the wire frame, solid, or translucent replication of the noise rendering.
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ohhh wait.. he uses different images? well uhh, what the hell do i use? DIFFERENT IMAGES! .. wow
you havnt even seen all my work anyway, so what the hell can you say.
and as of.. 'anyone can create art in 3ds max' or whatever you said. well why dont you show ME the art YOUVE created in 3ds max then ill be happy. http://www.fusion-netwerx.com/testing/images/carbon.jpg
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fusion, please try to control your anger, and if you insist on quoting me, do it correctly, and do not change the original meaning of my words. I stated:
Quote:
Because it has become to easy to slap a few 3DSM Renderings onto a blank canvas in Photoshop
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok then. you say "Because it has become to easy to slap a few 3DSM Renderings onto a blank canvas in Photoshop" well its not that easy, if it was.. everyone on ozzu would be doing it, but i see me as the only one who is doing it.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

And as for your duplicates of this noise rendering.

Your signature,
Your fusion-netwerx page,
Your sub-7 page,
Your submission to the contest,
and this post.

Quote:
ok then. you say "Because it has become to easy to slap a few 3DSM Renderings onto a blank canvas in Photoshop" well its not that easy, if it was.. everyone on ozzu would be doing it, but i see me as the only one who is doing it.

But apparently everyone over at deviant art is? isn't that what you have been defending this whole time I can pull the spots where you said it if you would like me to.
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

what the hell? there not duplicates you fool!
if they were duplicates theyd all look the godamn same but they dont..
omfg...
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excuse my word mismatch, I meant similiar reproductions.
  • JORDO
  • JORDO

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice speach but tell it someone who cares .
at the end of the day which one of us is on £45 000 per year?
you need to stop being very jealous of the users here
fusions work is probably the best on this site and you know that
but are not a big enough man to give him the credit he desrvers
i pity you

fusion keep it up this fool and others alike are nothink but wanabees
you have what it takes as a gfx artist . i just sent u a private message with my email contact me, i would like to talk personaly with you if thats possible ? i work for a majour design group and im very intrested in your work email me back if you can .thx .

jordo
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i really dont give a damn if there similar!!! there all unique, thats what matters!
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx again jordo...
will do.

as to "But apparently everyone over at deviant art is? isn't that what you have been defending this whole time I can pull the spots where you said it if you would like me to"

yeah go ahead. i am defending myself and all those people at dev art. the people over at dev art have talent, i think you should be aware of that instead of jus going on that its unoriginal and common. well why is it that each one of em seases to amaze me, they all look stunning (well 99% of em) to me, abstract is the most sexiest art form. but hey thats jus me aint it.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
at the end of the day which one of us is on £45 000 per year?
you need to stop being very jealous of the users here
fusions work is probably the best on this site and you know that
but are not a big enough man to give him the credit he desrvers
i pity you

I am so proud of you! You manage to make 75000USD and me a meager sixteen year old, junior in high school, has the ability to make 24000USD without a college diploma. I hate to sound rude, but truly, if you must, absolutely MUST be rude to me, PLEASE, I beg of you, use decent grammar. That is all I ask, for the fool and wanabee, and not nearly big enough man, is just going to say one thing more.

UNFLUX IS THE BEST!
  • Fusion
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well im glad to see unflux's fanclub has been launched

hey dont jus tell me that unflux is the best, why dont you tell all the people who entered the ozzu logo contest.
and anyone could spot out that your jus defending the person you know the most. i guarantee if unflux wasnt a mod, or had only been a member for 2 weeks, you wouldnt be shouting that hes the best.
its jus common nature, you defend the person you know the most, or is more of a friend.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 51 posts