Frank Lloyd Wright Windows?

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a project that I'm not particularly rushed on where I'd like to create a window/windows in the style of Frank Lloyd Wright as found in this Google image search

I've found multiple tutorials on Photoshoping stained glass, but none of them are quite what I'm after. Was hoping someone could possibly point me in the direction of some tutorials that might get me close to that leaded glass look.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sazn
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Draw it in vectors then add light bevels/drop shadows/gradients to give it a deeper feel.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

sazn wrote:
Draw it in vectors then add light bevels/drop shadows/gradients to give it a deeper feel.

Well, that's just it. I'm used to Photoshop for my graphics. I have Illustrator CS2, so I have the right tool for vector art (but haven't had time to learn how to use it yet). And that's the problem is I don't know how to do anything you suggested in Illustrator, and I didn't think you could do vector graphics in PS.

So if Illustrator is what I should use for that, I guess I could use some related AI tutes.
  • sazn
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can use Photoshop for vectors although if you do have Illustrator you'd be better off using that. If you can get the basics of vectors down it shouldn't be hard at all. Most of those windows are constructed from very simple shapes, mainly squares, circles and rectangles.

Just draw them out then play around with different layer styles and filters till you get the desired effect.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I did find :
http://www.entheosweb.com/photoshop/glass.asp

That's pretty close to the texture of the glass that I'm after. It gets me started, anyway.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts