Friday the 13th Strikes!

• katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look what happened to my poort baby today:

Photo

Driving down the road, minding my business. Got stopped at a set of traffic lights and some idiot smashes into the guy behind me, who in turn smashed into me.
It's brand new too; only just over 2 months old! :(
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with the picture but I don't seem to spot anything out of the ordinary?
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The back bumper (fender) is hanging off! :(
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, I barely noticed it but that really bites :( Are they going to pay for the repairs at least?
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, the guy that caused it will have to pay for it off his insurance policy. My repairs alone are just short of £1K; the car that was in the middle (the one that hit me) will probably require more repairs. The car that caused it all it pretty much written off.

One good point is that I had a slight scratch on my back bumper, and considered it too small to warrant getting it resprayed. This way I get a new bumper for free :D
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey glad it worked out in the end. Yeah I didn't notice anything either until I read the rest of the post.

It was a pretty weird friday the 13th for traffic, anyone else notice that?

I got cussed out by a lady that almost hit me while she was in the wrong lane. I seen two horrible wrecks on the same street. My friend almost gets T-boned by someone that didn't stop at the light, while Im in the passanger seat.

Madness!
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be glad your not in Chicago, as both of those drivers would have driven away...hit and runs (car to car) occur on a regular basis here...most likely cause - lack of insured drivers.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty crap what happened to the car Katana.

I was happy not knowing what the car looked like until you posted it Katana. Now i am pretty jealous :x :lol:

Nice car! It looks like it could do with a good clean and polish though :wink:
  • residualz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: SoCal

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock:
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

If that's what it looks like after you got "smashed into" then I would have to say it looks as though you managed to find a lil luck on such a taboo day. Well, as we like to say out here in Cali, "At least you didn't get shot."
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow well be glad that htey will pay for your repairs cos around here we have something called "no fault insurance" as in everyone pays their own!
  • jupiter
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: is my favourite word after subterfuge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice car though. Those Type R's are fast.
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

jupiter wrote:
Nice car though. Those Type R's are fast.

It's only a Sport - couldn't afford the £2.5K insurance on a Type-R. I did upgrade it a bit though - I upgraded the spoiler to the Type-R one, tinted the windows and got the Honda 5 spoke alloys.

SB wrote:
I was happy not knowing what the car looked like until you posted it Katana. Now i am pretty jealous Mad Laughing

Nice car! It looks like it could do with a good clean and polish though ;)

Hehe, thanks SB. Well I was going to wash it last weekend, but there kinda wasn't any point anymore :D. There are some piccys of the car before it got broke on my website (and yes, in those ones it is clean and polished :lol: ).
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

katana wrote:
SB wrote:
I was happy not knowing what the car looked like until you posted it Katana. Now i am pretty jealous Mad Laughing

Nice car! It looks like it could do with a good clean and polish though ;)

Hehe, thanks SB. Well I was going to wash it last weekend, but there kinda wasn't any point anymore :D. There are some piccys of the car before it got broke on my website (and yes, in those ones it is clean and polished :lol: ).

:lol:

Sorry, i didnt mean to sound as snobby as i did there. Its just recently ever since getting my newer car a few weeks ago i have become a cleaning addict and basically when the weather is good i clean and polish it to keep it looking as new and tidy as it is now :lol: :oops:

Nice car though Katana!
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I like to keep my car looking nice. I drive about 40 miles a day though, which (combined with the Scottish weather) means the car gets kinda dusty quick.
Its really nice to drive too. I must admit, I like my Hondas. I'd been wanting one for ages (well, a Type-R anyway - the Sport is the next best thing).
Just need it repaired now - I feel like everyone else on the road is looking at it (in a bad way) :D
  • eurosickwitit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • eurosickwitit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow that "no fault insurance" that 613 flavah mentioned sucks. Imagine if it was like that everywhere knowing that there are drunk drivers and so many responsible people everywhere.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts