Graphic Design - Logo Design - Cancellation by Buyers

• mahecbe
  • Born
  • Born
  • mahecbe
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are frequent cancellation of projects by GAF service buyers. They ask for samples and ideas. Wait for their achievements. Simply canceling the projects after getting our new ideas and samples.

This makes frustration to Graphic Designers.

Some control requires for those who cancel the project often. Some limitations can be given to the service buyers (only 3 cancelation per month etc.)
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't even allow that many cancelations. After the first it's a non refundable down payment. Allowing anyone to steal your designs and/or ideas three times a month could be pretty lucritive for the suposed client, dont you think?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's probably the same person doing it every time.
  • mahecbe
  • Born
  • Born
  • mahecbe

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II wrote:
I wouldn't even allow that many cancelations. After the first it's a non refundable down payment. Allowing anyone to steal your designs and/or ideas three times a month could be pretty lucritive for the suposed client, dont you think?

So how can we control these type of cancelations?

When a buyer's profile is viewed, for eg., he had closed 8 projects in his history, out of 8 he had only selected service provider for one project only. All are either expired or canceled by service buyer. Why such things happen?
  • mahecbe
  • Born
  • Born
  • mahecbe

Post 3+ Months Ago

mahecbe wrote:
OriginNO_II wrote:

So how can we control these type of cancelations?

When a buyer's profile is viewed, for eg., he had closed 8 projects in his history, out of 8 he had only selected service provider for one project only. All are either expired or canceled by service buyer. Why such things happen?

Can you consider these suggestions to stop cancelation of projects by service buyers :

1) If a service Buyer lose a review when a project is canceled you think he will repeat again?

2) If a service Buyer doesn't have any review, then a red star can be marked, and it can be changed only if he gets positive review.
  • gooei
  • Born
  • Born
  • gooei

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guys.. if i'm one of those service buyers-jerks.. isn't it possible for me to keep changing my username? even if you rate me badly, i'll just change my name & victimize more..

maybe GAF should charge a fee for service buyers? if they cancel a project they lose that fee.. hmm its not foolproof 'coz if that guy is getting more than the charged fee.. it wont affect him much..
  • mahecbe
  • Born
  • Born
  • mahecbe

Post 3+ Months Ago

gooei wrote:
hi guys.. if i'm one of those service buyers-jerks.. isn't it possible for me to keep changing my username? even if you rate me badly, i'll just change my name & victimize more..

maybe GAF should charge a fee for service buyers? if they cancel a project they lose that fee.. hmm its not foolproof 'coz if that guy is getting more than the charged fee.. it wont affect him much..

For those who are frequent cancellers, they can be asked for address proof and phone numbers by GAF admin. In this instance, even if they change username they should provide original address and valid phone number. It's possible to locate IP address. So, if they cancel from one IP next time they can't from that IP even if with different username.

To escape from the cancelation rules, will they often change their IP address?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts