Gutterflycomix art

• Thomas
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey all,

It's been a while since I have had the time to really sit on boards and just post more work. Mainly because I haven't had much new work to post from the comic we are doing over at www.gutterflycomix.com. In recent weeks though I have been making a very big effort to get the third episode of our comic out. It's been going pretty well considering I now have most of the art for the comic done. The pic below is one of the panels of the comic. I plan on making it a pretty late night tonight getting more done, and seeing how I am the only one in the apartment tonight, I figured I'd post some stuff and get some company. So post away, C&C welcome and thanks in advance.

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow thats cool, it reminds me off the PS2 game "metal gear solid"

Great work!
  • Thomas
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, cool thanks. It's flattering to know that my work reminds people of other very cool stuff. Thanks for the kind words.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thomas, I have told you before how much I like your comic work, and I
really mean it. I went to your site for the first time in a while, and
watched the 2 episodes of your "green" series. All I can say is that is
absolutely FANTASTIC.

I love it! Image

The presentation is great, the art is incredible. I don't know enough of
the story to comment, but so far so good! Only 1 question, why are the
episodes so short? I felt cheated...hehe. Maybe ep1 and ep2 should be
just 1 single episode. That would be the ideal length IMO. Not trying to
tell you what to do, but as a visitor I felt cheated that it was so short. I
WANT MORE! and that's what you want the visitors to think I'm sure, but
give them a little more to justify going to the site at all so there's more
satisfaction.

great stuff as usual :thumbsup:
  • Thomas
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unflux,

First off let me say thank you very much. You are the first person that has expressed so passionately your opinions of our comic and site and that means alot to us. Thank you again. On the episode length, I do realize they are too short. When we began our long journey down this road of trial and error we planned on making what will be the first three episode into one long episode (to be honest when the idea was first thought up I planned on creating the entire comic first before ever putting it online) but with constrants of time (i.e. day job, schooling, family and the occasional sleep) we were unable to get anything out in a timely manner with all three episodes being put into one.

On top of that, when we were at work on episode one we had no idea it would turn out to be so short as the time for us to draw, ink, color, code and add music to it took so long - this is the trial and error part. After realizing the "work put in to final product" ratio we have tried to adjust our art and music to provide for longer episodes. Episode 2 is longer than episode 1 and I assure you that episode 3 will be longer than 2. We are also trying to streamline our creative processes much more to shorten the length between episodes as well (or the production time it takes to create each episode) to get episodes out faster.

We are trying to get everything down to where we can deliver quality art and music in each episode at a much faster rate. We have already begun this process by presenting the entire site in flash (it used to be a flash/html mixture). Doing so has decreased the time it takes us to update each day and month from spending weeks preparing for a monthly update to just days. Streamlining the updating process provides more time that we can devote to production of the episodes. Also, with each new episode, we spend more time creating and it increases our talent level (i.e. I get better at drawing, inking and coloring) thus enabling me to work at a much faster rate and still provide the quality that we want. By the time the first third of the story is finished (each "arc" of the story will be 6 episodes long and there will be three "arcs") we plan to have a turnover rate (time it takes us to produce each episode) of three month.

For more clarification on the length of the episodes now our thoughts were to get the start of the story up, decrease time between episodes as we can and at least there will be something there for the fans. As an added bonus though, we are getting better at our crafts and thus getting faster and providing longer episodes. So to wrap this up, we understand your pain and we are seriously working to address it and having fans like you that are as dedicated and as passionate about the comic as we are makes us work that much harder to deliver. Stick with us and we will get you what you want. Thank you for the inspiration and have a great weekend.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fantastic work!

I love the audio you guys did for both episodes. Was the music composed by your team? The sound effects are great as well. What I liked is the subtle sound (of what sounded like two way radio noise?) in the scene when the man orders to shoot to kill as they evacuate the van. I don't know, just thought it was a nice touch.

Yep, very nice. I will come back often
  • Thomas
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you. Yes, the music is composed and recorded just for each individual episode by the sound and music man at the site. It's nice to know the little things we put in, the detail, is getting noticed. It inspires us to add more detail for all the fans. Thanks again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts