Help with my digital art

• hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.
This is the first time I'm doing a whole painting (meaning with background and all).
however the whole.. thing.. doesnt really seem to pop up enough for me. It doesnt look very.. wow. Hahaha. Ah wells. Any ideas?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/ ... y/pain.jpg

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You hid the most important part. Her crying eye. I would also suggest her mouth doesn't look sad enough.
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha but the eye is so hard to do! I tried before but I just couldn't get it right... >.<
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be honest with you, i really like this. I kinda see what ATNO.TW means about the mouth, but to me it sort of looks like it is quivvering a bit which emphasises the mood she is in.

I like it. To think you painted that...wow! Seriously, nice job.
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks SB! :D
Yay I've drawn in the eye and changed the lightings and stuff. How about now? What else can I do to make it better..

• SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Image doesn't appear to be displaying here. Message stating the image has been "moved or deleted".
  • hismasterpiece
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hismasterpiece

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ooops. Edited!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought tears came from the part closest to the nose... not farthest away from it. At least that's where the tear duct is.

Also, it may be just me, but I'm not sure why she is crying and what is that brown thing next to the person's head on the bed?
  • Ariana
  • Ariana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi I am new and since I am just getting used to Painter, I can give advice as a photographer and also a digital/standard artist.

IMVHO....

1) Head should tilt back a bit for a side eyed tear. Or have a bit more mascara smudge under the eye, to show it was wiped and the tear is then misdirected because of that.
2) Crop this a bit and maybe slightly blur the couple to give the perspective more realism.
3) She should be a bit darker because she is behind a curtain and therefore cut off from the direct light source.
4) Good reflection, but it directly contradicts the main light source, so it removes the realistic effect from the inside portion of the room.
5) Again... Crop

The girl herself is very good! It is the lighting and perspective in the room behind her that is a bit askew, and the result is that you "See" (*your mind) the problem, but cannot see what the problem is. So if possible, save the girl by cutting her out of this image. Re-create the background (*I know lots of work) and when that is evenly level and correctly lit, then overlay your girl and it will be a great work!

Hugs
Ariana
  • Ariana
  • Ariana

Post 3+ Months Ago

oops! Re-post accident...
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
Also, it may be just me, but I'm not sure why she is crying and what is that brown thing next to the person's head on the bed?

Actually, to me it looks like she is seeing two women in bed together having "a good time" if you know what i mean. Personally speaking, i wouldn't be crying :D
  • seafarer456
  • Born
  • Born
  • seafarer456

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what is confusing Bogey is that one of the people has white hair... I know you did that on purpose but it threw me off at first. Maybe because the figures were not very clear.
I also think it looks a whole lot better with the eye showing, besides the small specific problems, I think it's great overall, nice work
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Bogey wrote:

Actually, to me it looks like she is seeing two women in bed together having "a good time" if you know what i mean. Personally speaking, i wouldn't be crying :D

Is she crying because she is not taking part of it or because she disapproves that?
  • N2S
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
You hid the most important part. Her crying eye. I would also suggest her mouth doesn't look sad enough.

she looks like shes about to burst in tears.
trust me, im an colored pencil artist. This is pretty good stuff.
the detail in her hair was what stood out for me.
good choice of colors. The only thing I would do is add some contrast to her face. She stands out too much in the picture. It seems as though you need the other part of the scene to jump out instead.

shes hiding right? :|

EDIT: Shes ALREADY in tears! lol
  • ibrabdo
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks nice, but I think technically u need more contract in ur paint specially in the background , like u need more hard shade and strong light, just a final touches and it will look perfect.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts