how to make video/Flash effects [ipod inspired]

• jblow
  • Student
  • Student
  • jblow

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello. Does anybody know of any techniques to create those motion silhouettes against a solid background, using marcomedia flash, premier, or any other program (assuming I have video of one dancing against a normal background (ie. on stage)
Similar to those trendy ipod commercials?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jaw
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

You will have to do a combination of premiere to and play with the contrast and then wildform flix to convert to vector. I'm not sure how you would specifically add another item such as the headphones and the ipod.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, you might try posting this question in the Flash Forum. They would probrably be more help to you. Luckily, I know a little bit about Flash and filming. Im not quite sure what you are working with but i am assuming you have some video of someone dancing against a "normal" background. Well I can tell you this. for the iPOD commercial those dancers were in front of a blue screen. Yours of course is not, so, you are going to have to import your video into flash and adjust the contrast enough until the background becomes solid. Really what you are going to need to do is, isolate the dancer from the background. They will have to be two seperate layers. Once you've imported you video in the flash export all the frames as individual images, .png. Open up each frame in a photo editing program and isolate the dancer from the BG and add whatever else at this time to. Remember what ever you add to one frame be sure to add it to all the frames. Then import each frame back into flash. Now you can do what ever you want with the dancer and the BG independently. It's a lot of work but whoever said film and animation were easy.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you could do it a few ways...

you can animate the people in poser and adjust the render settings to get the same effect. I'm sure you can do it with 3dmax, maya or other "real 3d programs" even easier.
  • jblow
  • Student
  • Student
  • jblow

Post 3+ Months Ago

playing with the contrast sounds the easiest to a novice like myself, but thanks for all the other suggestions
I will look into each of them
  • truthhunter
  • truthhunter

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi buddy
this is the fact you should know about film animation

1.most of the time they are shot on blue background known as chroma shoot
2. then it is edited and composited through high end softwares

buddy dont worry you can do it it too

1.there are many softwares which extract the frames in any video in sequence so you can google it out

2.poser is not at all going to help you neither is premiere

3. try combustion and keymask in it

4. believe me it is quiet easy in combustion

5.even the 3ds max wont help you in that
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

truthhunter wrote:
2.poser is not at all going to help you neither is premiere

5.even the 3ds max wont help you in that

Actually you are completely incorrect. You can achive the EXACT effect with these.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts