How to use Dual Monitors for projects

• Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am just working on a few logos for some clients and while doing some micro surgery on the edges i was thinking instead of watching a movie that i am not watching, i should put the monitor to some use. So did some research on Dual View in photoshop and found a way to have same image on 2 monitors with one magnified on the left monitor and the right on full view watching the changes instead of going back and forth between views.

Sound good right :)

I was soo happy when i found this, that i had to post about it for others to learn from as i found it ssssooooo handy.

Easy setup, i am using Windows 7 CS6 64x for this but i was looking at mac instructions are they are basically the same

Open Photoshop > > New United document > Window > Arrange > New Window for United

Should open a new window which you can drag across to the 2nd monitor if not all ready sent there.

Click on the tools you need and then click on the window to apply them. For example left monitor can zoom in fully for close up work and the right monitor for full view to watch your changes.

Hopes this helps others as it has for my work.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never thought of doing something like this I just would switch between views. I just tried it out and that was cool
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

ScottG wrote:
I've never thought of doing something like this I just would switch between views. I just tried it out and that was cool

How much of a time saver is that, good to see it helps :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts