Illustrator CS file saving error

• dotcat
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dotcat

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, when you work with graphics programs, you have to save very often right? My adobe illustrator CS will come up with an error message everytime i save... saying that its a read-only file and if i try to replace it with "save as", it will say its opened elsewhere and is read-only.

please help =^--^=
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First time I hear that... I have Illustrator CS and never heard of something like that...
Are you working on the file while using the administrator profile of your computer?
  • NoamDesign
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NoamDesign
  • Loc: Israel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try right-clicking the file before opening it in Illus and unchecking read-only...

Think this would work...
  • dotcat
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • dotcat

Post 3+ Months Ago

NoamDesign wrote:
Try right-clicking the file before opening it in Illus and unchecking read-only...

Think this would work...

ironically, the read-only checkbox of the file isnt checked...
  • Bev13
  • Born
  • Born
  • Bev13
  • Loc: Stafford

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, Im having the same problem also.

I have 8 Design machines running Adobe Illustrator CS v11 on a WinXP Pro SP2 system. They have the same problem even if the file is not in use by another user this message is displayed. We were wondering if it is a Windows reservation issue and not an Illustrator problem, but I am still looking into it.

I can also confirm that the file is not read only in it's properties.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have had this problem in the past, from memory I cut and paste what I was working on into a new file and saved under a new name as an eps - then reopened and saved as an .ai file
  • Jozhik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Jozhik
  • Loc: Zaandam, The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bev13 wrote:
We were wondering if it is a Windows reservation issue and not an Illustrator problem, but I am still looking into it.
I do believe this is the problem, I've got the same issue with Excel when I edit my table.html document. When I want to save the new version, for some reason I ALWAYS have to save it under a new name and rename it afterwards. Therefore it most likely IS a Windows issue - as soon as I know how to fix it, I'll let ya know. If you find out sooner, Bev13, please, let me know, too ;-)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts