Illustrator - Not too sure what I want, Please Help

• matt@aylist
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: The Happy Place | UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have no idea as I have never opened up Illustrator before.

I need to change images that are saved as .psd made in photoshop into illustrator format.
Or is it the same?

Can someone help me please? :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps you could tell us why you need to change to illustrator format. The difference is, for the most part, your photoshop images are raster images (in other words pixels or "dots") whereas illustrator images are typically vectors (or lines). My guess is you need them in illustrator format so that they can be scalable (resizable). It's not going to help you much if that's the case. Although you can import your psd files into Illustrator, they are still raster images.

Here is a very simple tutorial to illustrate the difference and what happens when you try to resize raster images vs resizing vector images.

http://www.nw-media.com/ps_intro/html/l ... 1_pg3.html
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know whith the corel graphics suite 12 you get a program that converts any image into a vector image, but I couldn't save it as anything worth using though, if it had more file extensions to save it as, then it would have been cool, not sure what it's called though, but have a look in the corel graphics suite package ...
  • wfcamb
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Louisiana, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think there are limits to the Corel Draw thing.. I don't have it nor have I ever used it, but, correct me if I'm wrong, to say that it can take ANY image and make it a vector is a little extreme, don't you think?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay yeah sorry about that, I wasn't thinking ... that's a bit extreme to say ... I just meant most image formats (jpeg,png,tiff,bmp, etc...), but like I said it converts it into a load of B-S file, no known ones ... so it doesn't really help

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts