Image Cropping / Web Help

• pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, i'm kind of new to all this "Next-Step" web developing.. What i mean by this is that i'm fairly familar with html, and I can do some other stuff as well. What i wanted to do is take this image: *edited out, but shown bellow in a link*
and crop all of the elements (for example the buttons) but still maintain the original picture quality with no lines etc. Is there any way to do this? I also wanted to include a shoutbox on the right side (as you can see), but is this possible if I am cropping an image?
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also have the psd handy, although i dont wanna hand that out :wink: but If someone could help me out with coding etc that would be great. What i was aiming for was the whole layout, plus the buttons to be rollovers and the shoutbox to be incorperated in the design.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

it looks like you've hit a usage limit on your host. I can't see your images.
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh sorry about that :oops: . try this link to the album. the image is the layout one that looks like a website. http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse. ... ted=773504
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I moved this cause it sounds like a Photoshop question.

What I think you're asking is how to slice up a mock up to make a web page. Is this right?

Is this your image? Do you have permission to use it?
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes my cousin and I made this image. Yeah i guess that's what i'm asking.. but I'm using frontpage (which i can't stand :? ) and what i want to be able to do is kind of hard to explain. I wanted to be able to make the image a website, but not lose any of it's original clarity etc. I want to make all the buttons work like a regular website except whenever i try and use things in frontpage it always messes it up... I guess what i'm trying to say is that i want to be able to add html on top of my pictures.. is this possible?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes, actually that's pretty much the premise of making a webpage these days. :)

OK, you can do something really really easy, that will achieve the desired effect, but won't be very smart. Do you just want a quick fix or are you wanting to learn to do it right?

If you want a quick fix, go to FrontPage's help content and look up "image map". I don't recommend this.

Otherwise, what you're asking is, "How do I develop a web page?" and that's not going to be answered so easily.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

To crop an image in Photoshop (you said you had the PSD), you use the tool that looks like this:

...to draw a rectangular selection area. Then push 'enter' on your keyboard.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or you can use the marquee tool (that's what I usually use)..

Select the area I want with the marquee, ALT+I (Image Menu), P (Crop).
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you helped me out a lot with the hotspot option on frontpage, but I don't think this is what i'm looking for exactly. What i wanted (i'm trying my best here, hard to describe - for me) is to be able to have the image be an image still, but i would like to be able to use html over the image. I know this sounds like a simple background option, but whatever i do in frontpage the image is never in the right spot for my page (when i make it in the background). I would also like to be able to do a rollover.. would this mean that i have to crop the image and then use tables and use the correct cropted image in the table?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

No worries. ;)

Yes, cropping (slicing) and image into smaller parts and organizing with a TABLE or CSS is a concept of making web pages. For that much, you're on the right track.

Otherwise, I think I do understand what it is your asking, but I don't think you understand the scope of the answer. I also think you've read 3 pages of Chapter 1 in the FrontPage book and that you need to put a little more effort into it before you ask for help.

Sorry, I'm not trying to offend you, or be nasty.
:)
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I'll admit I just "wing-it" most of the time with FrontPage.. but I guess I'm just used to DreamWeaver and FrontPage is a little different.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts