Image Resizing Software

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a two part question.

1) Can anyone suggest software to resize images from a DOS Batch file?

2) OR: Since I have Debabelizer, can anyone tell me how to get Debabelizer to automatically resize images from a batch file, then close itself when done.

Here's the deal. I have a batch file that runs on a seperate machine. Every 3 hours, it runs automatically collecting screenshots of websites. After grabbing the screenshots, it launches Debabilizer to scale them down to thumbnails.

However, in order for Debabilizer to run the script, I need to manually press the start button. After it resizes all the images, I need to manually close Debabilizer (for the next run).

Does anyone know how to get Debabelizer to run a script from the command line without having to press start....then close itself?

Can I run it in "hidden mode" or something so it knows to close and return to the batch file?

I can't figure out how to get Debablizer to automatically run the script (without me pressing the run button), and I can't figure out how to get Debab to close itself after converting (so the next batch capture starts fresh).

OR: can anyone suggest software that will in fact rescale it from a DOS batch file. I don't _really_ want to have to write a program myself.

john at mccarthy.net
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two words for ya...

Image Magick :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts