Inputing .gif graphic into InDesign CS5.5 file

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just started using the InDesign software for the first time in absolutely ages. In fact, i don't think i ever used inDesign after CS2 was released several years back. My knowledge of it is a bit rusty though and i'm having some difficulty inputing a .gif graphic into something i am working on in InDesign.

Does anyone know how to achieve this?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah. I remember.

It's not a case if "importing" a file like i thought. They use the fancy word "Place".

:lol:.

So, if you have a similar problem, go to File>Place... then pick the file you wish to Import.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have InDesign, but that is one piece of software I have never really have used. Glad you figured out how to place the GIF image.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

InDesign is great. I loved it the last time around and was determined to start using it again, unfortunately my knowledge of how to use the software has more or less gone.

I am hoping to create a mock magazine dedicated to my sister and her partner for their wedding later on this year, so i knew i had to get a copy of this software as the thought of doing desktop publishing on anything else didn't appeal.

I'm just trying to find some good CS5.5 tutorials online so i can start picking up the basics again.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts