Invalid Siggy for comp

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:(

Due to the size (20kb) of the signature i have created for the signature comp it is not eligable for entry.

However, i will let you all see my piece of work. Not brilliant, but its not too bad considering i am still an amateur of Photoshop.

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try optimizing it so it will fit!
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, i have. It dosnt matter though. I will try something else.

Not sure i like it anymore :lol:
  • LAbrego
  • brego from LA
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find it great SB, the text is a little hard to read but everything is great!

BTW: I like the phrase in you sigy, haha its the truth man!! :fart:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good work SB :thumbsup:

Did you try the Save for Web option? Try saving as a gif also as well as a jpg - that can help get the filesize down.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will try these...although i did try to "Save for Web" but i dont think it worked.

I will try again, if not then i will submit a new entry.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you Save for Web there are a couple of things you can do to make your filesize smaller. You can see what its going to look like in the optimized preview screen.

Save as jpg you can use the quality slider and gradually move it downwards and find the point between where it begins to lose its crispness and put one above that.

Save as gif - you can decrease the colours (depending on the image of course)

I'd also be inclined to make the text black or a darker blackish red so it is more readable.

Keep working on it though and trying out different things, as you are working on something in Photoshop you can take 'Snapshots' of it, so if you dont like some changes you have made you can go back to how it was - on the 'History' tab down the bottom there is a button which looks like a camera.

Just keep practising, playing around and trying new things and you will get the hang of it in no time! There are also some cool tutorials to try out in this thread:
http://www.ozzu.com/digital-art-forum/adobe-software-tutorials-tips-tricks-t19982.html

:thumbsup:
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Musik. For some reason the image has all gone into one layer so its not so easy to amend. I will just start from the beginning and post it on the signature forum if its the right size.

Thanks again everyone!
  • uncleb
  • Born
  • Born
  • uncleb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Due to the size (20kb) of the signature i have created

If the next time you create a file. And its large. Post it on a site like "Http://imageshack.us" and then in the forum when you want to post your signature just link it to that image (Offsite linking). When Offsite linking your not actually uploading to the site, its like viewing your image through a window on this site . You will then not have to worry about filesize. Take my picture for example. My signature is 167KB. :wink:
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

All Ozzu signatures have to link to an off-site source. We impose an 8KB maximum file size due to bandwidth issues, not storage issues. Sure, everyone may provide their own hosting for their sig images, but what about the folks on 56K dial up who have to download a page full of sigs that are 100KB+? :wink:
  • uncleb
  • Born
  • Born
  • uncleb

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would have never thought of that :wink:
  • Captain-Nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Lincolnshire, UK.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Save it as a gif, and lower the colours as much as possible when it comes up with the indexed colours window when saving. That sig shouldn't need 255. I think I set my sig to 30 to get it within size limits.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just as a reference, using "Save for web", saving it as a jpg at 49% quality, it's still readable and weighs in at 7,915 bytes (easily under the 8k limit)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok. I have managed to get it under the 8kb. It will be posted on the sig comp page in the next few minutes.

Thanks everyone!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts