Judge my logo

• 360Varial
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • 360Varial

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not an artist but I tried. I made it in Flash. I have an swf file that opens the eyes and yarns. I don't have anywhere to upload it though.

Please tell me what you think. What should I change? How does it look? You know...just give me your thoughts. Thanks.

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• OriginNO
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: the Glass City (Hometown: the NO)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yah well, if your not an artist then, it's cool. It needs work though. Personally I would erase the head and just use the night cap part of your logo. The hat part of the graphic is good just needs a tiny bit more detail and definition to it, it being the hat.
  • 360Varial
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • 360Varial

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO wrote:
Yah well, if your not an artist then, it's cool. It needs work though. Personally I would erase the head and just use the night cap part of your logo. The hat part of the graphic is good just needs a tiny bit more detail and definition to it, it being the hat.

Explain. More detail and definition to the hat like what? Texture?
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, like texture and shading. It looks flat for a cap, and I think you are trying to give it a 3d feel.

not bad for a nonartist...lol keep it up
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree to lose the face or make it look not so much like its been hand drawn...
  • 360Varial
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • 360Varial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac wrote:
yeah, like texture and shading. It looks flat for a cap, and I think you are trying to give it a 3d feel.

not bad for a nonartist...lol keep it up

:) Thanks but...

I thought that a logo was suppose to be very simple and easy to scale, print, and alter. I can always go back and make the hat as dressy as I like (depending on the occasion). For example, if I were to place it on THIS site, I would make it so that his hat coordinates with the color scheme. That's what I had in mind. Sort of like the napster logo. There's no fancy texture or shading on that logo. But it's fresh, easy to remember, easy to animate or modify in any way you like. What do you think? You think it'll look better if I dropped the whole "3d feel" and just flatten it out? Or should I just drop the whole face, keep the hat, and do some serious detailing...OR do you think that the logo on the cap would make a cool logo? Eventhough it's a logo within a logo?
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

personally, I think your right about the 3d hat being out of place. otherwise its a really good effort 360varial :)
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah man keep it flat would be what I would do. Just make the whole thing a vector graphic, mosts logos and such are made as vector images. There is a lot you can do with vector graphics and make them look really nice.

hell with vectors, you don't even really to be any good with art to get stunning results. You can literally take a picture and trace a rough outline.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

^^^^^^^^^^ exactly what Vladdrac says, vectors are fantastic for logo's and so easy to resize to.
  • 360Varial
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • 360Varial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I know about the vectors. That's why I did it using Macromedia instead of PS. I had only been using Flash for 2 or 3 days when I did this.

I'm not done, but here's an idea of what I was trying to do.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/a/garr2084/newlogo2.swf

Everyone I've shown has told me that it's very damn scary.

And here's the article that I read about logos.

http://www.thelogofactory.com/library/a ... ormat.html
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

that article looks pretty informative, stick with it. I am sure you can get better and better with it over time

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts