Lightroom for Bridge?

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found it kinda funny how when choosing a custom install of the new Adobe Photoshop CS4 that the only thing i couldn't deselect in the Adobe programs that come with the package was Bridge.

I personally don't understand why Adobe are still making Bridge when there is Adobe Lightroom available which pretty much does the same job. My understanding was Lightroom was to be the replacement for Bridge in future editions of the Photoshop Software, am i wrong in thinking this?

Is there a feature that Bridge does that Lightroom doesn't do that i am not seeing?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah bridge connects to the adobe version control server and I don't think bridge does that. also bridge will track and preview all kinds of files (.ai, .flv, .swf, AE project files, etc) that lightroom can't touch. Granted I haven't used lightroom in a while but last I checked it could only deal with raster image files and not everything else.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see. I guess because i never really deal with those types of files i don't see the benefits of Bridge.

I am more into the photography side of thing, so long as it can open the usual .jpg or RAW files then i'm happy.

I did wonder whether there was any real point in me having both software on the computer, but when it goes to preference i much prefer to use Lightroom to act as my image viewfinder rather than using Bridge. I really don't know the real reason why.

Cheers for the reply.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, and in the 10 or so minutes i've been playing about with Photoshop CS4 i have to admit to loving the changes they have made to it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts