A little photoshop instruction

• CycloneJack
  • Born
  • Born
  • CycloneJack
  • Loc: Iowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, I'm Jack, and damn new to this place. But, I figured this would be a very good place to learn some new things. Particularly, brushing and textures in photoshop. I sort of grasp the basics of creating stuff, cutting stuff out, filters, resizing, that sort of thing. But what I need help on is some of the crazier stuff photoshop can do.

I'd like a few people to create sigs for me. The only requirements are my name and some awesome brushwork. Just e-mail them to me, and the .psp if you can. Or post them up. I kind of want to see how other people do it so i can learn. If you wanted to include a mini-tutorial, that would be great as well.

Thanks a lot. See you all around :)

Jack
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mattu
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

you want me to spend time creating awesome brushworked signatures for free? come on jack, i get paid daily to do things like this. where's the insentive? :-P in all seriousness though, if you go to google and simply type in "adobe photoshop tutorials", you'll be busy for hours looking through them. as far as brushwork goes though, it's not somehting you "learn how to do." it's actually one fo the few things in adobe photoshop that takes some skill and the right tools. wacom tablets are actually one of the most mainly used tools to do what you speak of. the tablet i own and the more professional one is the intuos3 (http://www.intuos3.com) but if you just want something a bit lower grade (and cheaper!) chekc out http://www.graphire3.com

if you are interested in some custom artwork though, or even some eprsonalized tutorials, feel free to contact me via email and we may be able to strike a deal.
  • CycloneJack
  • Born
  • Born
  • CycloneJack
  • Loc: Iowa

Post 3+ Months Ago

People get paid to make sigs? Hmm... Maybe I've found a career move, once I find some skill laying around somewhere :) Some of the tutorials I've found are a little hard to follow, but thanks for the advice. I'm not really an artist, so maybe a tablet wouldn't be the best for me. I'll need brushes for photoshop though, right? I'll search for those a bit later today.

• musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mattu
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

and besides that you cna check a website like http://www.phong.com or just chekc out google and like i said type in "adobe photoshop tutorials"

but no, people don't get paid to make sigs persay, maybe in bulk for say some type of videogame clan or something of the sort. but graphic art is a big business online, especially for web developers looking for professional layouts for their webpages.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jack i recomened http://www.good-tutorials.com i no that there are many other tutorial website but i just personaly like this one.
they way i became better and better at photoshop was on those rainly sundays were i would open up and document and jsut make what ever. then because i remebered soem effects from past tutorials i did i used some of htem and then yeah ihave a piece of art that i made. so yeah just do heaps and heaps of tutorials and you will pick it up real fast.

-sycofi5h

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts