Logo critique

• Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

How's this? C&C Critique and critiscm PLEASE!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

imo a logo shouldnt really need a tag line.. unless its quirky etc.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the elements need to have a similar contrast. The tag line here draws my eye away from the other elements. The mark is far to light, in my opinion. Have you tried a version with the blue applied to the mark?

I think the font is a bit rigid and doesn't really read well. I'm sure I don't like the tag line in that stylized font.

The rhetoric in your tag line isn't very informational. I should walk away from your logo with your name and some connection to a good or service. Is MaxEdge a brand of disposable razor? A brand of golfball? A gaming website? The tag line and the mark should play to that idea.

I think you should put more concept into it.

HTH!
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya good points dm. Id also think more about the actual style of logo, like typography, symbol, enclosed,intials, calligraphy etc. rather than just a miss-mash of sorts..logo design is hard. Also i can't gain anything from the grey shapes? Are they part of a meaning, i just find it looses me all over. The font could be better, first off what's the co?
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tazel wrote:

How's this? C&C Critique and critiscm PLEASE!

Start out on the left:

The grey line and dotted line do not go with the logo at all. I do not see what they are trying to do for the logo. I would think they would create an 'M' or an 'M E'. Try to make them do something to do with the name of company/ what ever it is...

The Name

The blue is nice on the white. The font goes with the edge part of it.

The tag line

Trash it. It takes away from the rest of the graphic and does not explain what you are trying to display with this logo.

Sorry for all of the negative criticism
  • Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nah, that's just what I need. I'm trying to make a symbol for maxedge. It's just gonna be a personal site. Like the dragon at ozzu, I'm trying to make a certain symbol for maxedge. I'll get rid of the little phrase on the bottom. I'll just try to come up with a bluish thingy.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what you have as a "logo" would work if you added three more lines and used the dashed one to form the fourth leg of the M, and add a thinner grey line to the back of the fourth so it looks like an E.

Other then that it's a bit drab, but with the new logo it might fit together more.
  • Tazel
  • Student
  • Student
  • Tazel

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about these? I made the little the symbol resemble more of an M since you guys were like "What!? What is that supposed to be?" and I got rid of the little phrase. How are they now? I think they look a little plain but I'm not very professional so... Also, it's the first time I've ever used a pen tool so forgive me. I can't make it so there are no irregular curves. How do people make it so smooth?

• intrepid design
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

i say drop the tag line, less is more.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts