logo design

• Sumpson
  • Sumpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

Which one do you like best, why, and what could be improved on it?

http://www.desiredesign.org/logo.jpg

It's obviously for a company which deals with roof gardening.

thanks for your comments in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

None of them really make me think of a roof or gardening.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Exactly. If it had to be one, purely for the fact its the most proffesional i would say number 7. None are really special though.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the others, butI would have to say number 5, because it seems to have the most in common with the gardening/roof theme. You might try the text: "Roof Gardening" covered by a triangular roof, and then a tree in the background. A bit more refined than number 5, but your more on track with that one than any of the others.

Good luck.
  • Sumpson
  • Sumpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
None of them really make me think of a roof or gardening.

what would make you think of a roofgarden? or in respond to SB what would make it special?

do you guys think its neccesary to have a logo which represents what it stands for?
Perhaps it is because a roofgarden is not very common.
But an interesting and proffesional looking logo would perhaps caugh more attention and would make people want to discover it.

I will have to work some more on logo 5, it doesn't look good the way it is now, the idea deserves better for a start.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, i think for a start you need to throw logos 1,3, and 4 in the bin. I dont think they are really that good.

Its always good to have a theme on whatever it is you are working on, even if its just the colours. The more i look at number 5 the more i can appreciate what you are doing here and if you maybe work around that and make it less bland then you could have something. The shape within the Green triangle could maybe be a picture of an item you would see on a roof garden, a small tree for example?

You need to have something that people can relate to and not think "what has that got to do with roof gardens?". The logo is quite an important part of a business's image and if you show the potential customers that the company knows what is involved in their business then the image is immediatly improved.

I could be speaking a load of poop here but to be honest this is what i am seeing. i am viewing it as a person that has a roof that needs a garden and if i saw any of those logos (apart from 5) on a van, yellow pages, website, or whatever then i would probably skim past it and go and phone them as a last resort.

I hope this helps.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's what I see when you say "roof garden". A silouhette of just the top part of an older style New York building with a couple of trees and such...In the lower part of the building, white font, could say "Roof & Garden". Did I explain that right, clear? :)

Here, maybe this will help with what I am trying to convey. You can't have this one, but feel free to replicate it.
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice. I was gonna get a representation put together, but looks like yah beat me to the chase. Very well done OriginNo. Basically the same thing I was going for.

Of course, if your looking for a logo a bit simpler, you could easily take out some of the details, such as the patio furniture etc., and have a simple patio/tree effect. Just an idea. If I get some free time I might still throw together an example piece.
  • Sumpson
  • Sumpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

OriginNO_II, good skill, it looks good too, but I dont believe that would fit for a logo, it's way too detailed and is not a very "Strong" logo, for example try to imagine that on a briefpaper.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you. Yeah, it's a bit too much detail. I had a lil fun with it and got carried away but, you get the general idea. I scaled it down to 1.5" and it looked great. Smokenjoe was right, it could lose the patio furniture and it still works.
  • Sumpson
  • Sumpson

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is the logo they will be using :)
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes. Thats works. Good job. :)
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well done! I like the finished product. :)
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definately. Looks alot better than previous ideas.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts