Logo Help

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am helping a friend out with her website and I need a logo. Logo's are not my thing. For some reason I have never been able to make one that was worthy of putting on a website. My friend wants to use a wizard as part of the logo. You can view the wizard here. She would like it to the left of any lettering. The other thing she wants is the creepy dragons removed, I have no idea if this is even possible. The design of the website can be found here. By the way, I didn't pick the colors. If anyone can help me out I will really appreciate it. The name of her website is Blue Magic Beagles. The height of the image can be whatever will work best and the width should be the width of the website. Thanks again.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before you waste your time, you should confirm that she has permission to use it for commercial purposes as well as alter it. That image is copyrighted (bottom right).
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

She probably doesn't. I have no idea where she found the image. I may have to find a free to use wizard image she likes.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/ar ... allery=578

The artist's website is closed.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

If i had my laptop and all the software here with me i'd have this sorted for you in a moment. Unfortunately i don't, however i'm looking at buying a new comp here and if i buy one i'll sort it out for you if nobody has done by then.
  • scorpionagency
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why Not simply design a similar wizard from scratch with a Unique copyright? I can put something together as an alternate for you if you like.....

And "Semper Fi"
  • scorpionagency
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounded like you wanted more of a header than a Logo....... The wizard in this was Hand drawn & digitized (Totally Unique) & The Blended beagle photos are from a paid Stock Photo account.

This headers free, To get the right image size, first Right click on the image & select "VIEW IMAGE" Then Right click on the image again & Select "SAVE image As"... At worst, Maybe it will give you more Ideas. I wish you luck.

Or

• SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you're still looking for anything and nothing you see is up in the next couple of days i'll knock something together then. I bought a new laptop and should have net access more freely with it in the next couple of days when i move to Sydney.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks and Semper Fi scorpionagency. I will show these to my friend and see what she says.

SB, I would love to see what you could come up with.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

scorpionagency, she liked your image but she is wondering if you can use images of her pups. She raises a certain breed of beagle and the ones in the images are a different breed. You can find images of her pups at http://www.bluebeagles.com

SB, she is also interested in seeing what you can come up with.

She is pretty determined to use that image of the wizard I posted. I'm trying to explain it is copyrighted but I don't think it is working.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site that made it and copyrighted it is closed.

http://www.drachenbande.de/
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not doing much tonight Grinch, so when i'm finally sorted with software installation i'll put something together.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Still working on these, but this is sort of the gist of what i was thinking.

Let me know if this is looking okay or if i should just scrap it altogether. Considering the fact i don't have a mouse i'm sort of proud of the fact i'm still sane after the crap i went through getting the beard to look more complete after removing the dragons head.

Things can be reduced in size etc etc.

I'm still working on the rest of the Wizard, so if she still wants the whole wizard then let me know. Thanks.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is freaking awesome. I'll grab this and show it to her and see if she has any suggestions.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't necessarily say they were awesome. I'm not really happy with them to be honest, but i'm tired. I'll maybe look at it tomorrow if i can, change of circumstances regarding accommodation so not sure what my access is going to be like.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a hell of a lot better than I can do so to me it is awesome.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, but you use Paint! :lol:

That's beyond paint. I mean, you can try it in Paint if you really have time! :lol:
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You got something against Paint? :D
  • mista-two-k
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mista-two-k

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
Still working on these, but this is sort of the gist of what i was thinking.

Let me know if this is looking okay or if i should just scrap it altogether. Considering the fact i don't have a mouse i'm sort of proud of the fact i'm still sane after the crap i went through getting the beard to look more complete after removing the dragons head.

Things can be reduced in size etc etc.

I'm still working on the rest of the Wizard, so if she still wants the whole wizard then let me know. Thanks.

hey, that's a great job you did there. but are u trying to explain you removed that dragon head WITHOUT a mouse? if yes, then damn, you've got some skills =P
but i was wondering which tool you used? the like stamp tool thingy?

anyways, nice job :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

no, you see that the wizard is cropped. The image was cropped until the very age of the dragon's head. Actually, it even shows the dragon's head a little... unless I'm seeing things :shock:
  • mista-two-k
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mista-two-k

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh yea you're right. haha.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts