Logo ideas?

• xxviii
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • xxviii
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have owned my website, xxviii.net, for like a year now, but I still don't have a logo. I am in desperate need of one, because there is nothing destinguishable about my site and yada yada. It's hard to make a logo that reflects the roman numeral 28, because you are pretty limited to numbers. Then theres the fact that my site is a design site, and all the design site cliche logos just suck, like pens and stuff like that.
Anyway, I need help brainstorming ideas, any help would be awesome.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For me, Roman numerals evoke images of capitals and columns, as well as other notable pieces of Roman architecture and architectural design elements. That's where I would start brainstorming if I were going to use a mark in my logo.

You might also explore not using a mark, and just using a stylized version of the xxviii alone.

As a bit of advice on creative technique, I always find it helpful to do some conceptual work away from the computer. Grab a piece of paper and pencil. Sketch like a madman. Sketch anything and everything that comes to mind. Don't censor yourself at any level. Just sketch.

Also, on the same note, spend some time looking at images and maybe reading some material regarding ancient Rome. (Again coming back to the roman numerals). The Romans applied artistic design to almost all aspects of their world and the concept of 'design' is, therefore easily recognizable.

HTH!
  • xxviii
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • xxviii

Post 3+ Months Ago

believe me, I've been sketching like crazy, but everything I've come up with is garbage. I like the idea of Roman related stuff, I'm definitely going to look into that.
Thanks
  • HAZCHEM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HAZCHEM
  • Loc: Brisbane Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to make my own logo for my self a little time ago, any way what i did was used a logo that is already in action, i my case i use the biohazard logo. And i just changed it untill i was satisfied and that i did not look like the biohazard logo any more. Well i hope this helps.

This is what i came up with.
  • xxviii
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • xxviii

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's also another good route I'll consider.
thanks for the reply :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts