le logo.

• FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please can you comment whether you like this logo I made.

http://www.fusioneffect.com/logo72dpi.png
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very smooth, good job. What program did you use to make that? Illustrator?
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am guessing fireworks..
because it is a .png file
but i could be wrong

nice job with it!
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks!

AI then PS for the effects.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:
i am guessing fireworks..
because it is a .png file
but i could be wrong

nice job with it!

You can save .png's in photoshop too :-p
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh lol...
normally when i used photoshop it saves as PSD...
didn't knoiw that ;)
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehehe. PSD is photoshop's file format, it allows you to save layers and such. png is just a high quality webgraphic format. :) (I think....)
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

.png also saves with the layers still intact.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah it looks really good! I like .png format because it is a small size and really good for webgraphics
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

being a .png, that images was 22kb lol
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

PNG == Portable Network Graphic, it's the "standard" (free) graphic format for all platforms (allegedly, heh).

I believe it was originally created due to limitations & licensing issues with GIF (that format being owned by AOL).

PNG's 32Bit (Gif is 8Bit, JPG is 24Bit), near-lossless, and supports transparency layers (although it needs some code tweaking to display transparency correctly in IE).

Edit : Oops.. nice work FD! :)
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac wrote:
yeah it looks really good! I like .png format because it is a small size and really good for webgraphics

Whoo I always thought png's tend to be huuuge file formats.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

b_heyer wrote:
Whoo I always thought png's tend to be huuuge file formats.

No. Depending on what you are working on, sometimes png's can be your smallest file size with the best look. Especially if you are not really working with pictures vs created graphics. In almost every case, I've found them to "look" better than gif's.

Normally when I save to web I will take two things into consideration. Which file format gives me the smallest size? and/or which one looks the best?

If I have to choose, I'll chose a larger file size and a better looking graphic. I know that's a pain for dial-up users, but you can usually keep the file sizes within a reasonable limit.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

well yeah, sometimes if I am working with transperancy, I will usually export as .png. It had just seemed to me that it was a smaller file size that my gif equivalent. Maybe I have my compression set wrong. I think for the quality of the image, it is small. But probably no as small as 8 bit of course
  • IMMORTAL
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like this logo. The highlight on the red ball is the perfect touch.

You might encounter problems with it if you ever need to resize it, but all in all I give it a 9/10 :D
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

not a bad design, i might suggest another idea.

you could really push the concept further by using imagery that is associated with that culture, an example (and this idea has surely been used before but...) you could say use a photo,nicely styled 3d version or a line art version of a scooter wheel on side view with the logos text written on the side of the wheel. this would be pretty cool.

a good example of a wheel can be found here:
http://www.scooters-wheels.com/
(the big red one) ;-)
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey not a bad idea! So you mean transform it into a wheel?

But what about my man maybe make a center cap and have him in there. Im going to try this and see which you prefer. Thanks for the other comments. Png rocks. I think they are working on a new version that compresses better still.
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you think it would be cool or look too much like a skateboard wheel?
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey try it out and post it back, would be real interesting to see how it turns out
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

sure
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

got some ideas, ill give it a go if ya want, got no where to upload the pic though
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

DR01D wrote:
not a bad design, i might suggest another idea.

you could really push the concept further by using imagery that is associated with that culture, an example (and this idea has surely been used before but...) you could say use a photo,nicely styled 3d version or a line art version of a scooter wheel on side view with the logos text written on the side of the wheel. this would be pretty cool.

a good example of a wheel can be found here:
http://www.scooters-wheels.com/
(the big red one) ;-)

Wow I definatly bought a bunch of those wheels at the dollar store a while back. I never used them for anything (I don't own a scooter) but they were in the EXACT same packaging as those except nine dollars cheaper ;)
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol

fushion, check your email @ info
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hate to be the party-pooper here, but I don't think the logo works well at all. The primary information of the logo (the web address) is given the least importance visually and is the last thing I'm likely to remember about it. The text treatments are difficult to read without effort. The mark is nice, if not a little overdone, but wouldn't translate well to print media.

This is all subjective, of course, and only my opinion.

When I sit down to do a logo, I consider that it needs to work equally as well if its placed on a matchbook cover or a billboard - in black and white or full color - in RGB or CMYK.

The elements that make the logo - typically the brand, the mark and the tag-line - need to be ordered visually so the user doesn't have to apply any effort in extracting the important info.

My suggestion would be to simplilfy the mark and the text. Create an utterly and completely un-stylized version in only black and white FIRST. Then base other treatments on that.

Again, my comments seem to go against the grain of the others, and I hope you understand I'm not trying to be an ass, but offer whatever value my experience can add to your effort.
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks DM, it's not 100% final yet anyway. It does print well; we've tried it on business cards and letterheads, although it won't be put on matchbooks. Although at business card size you need to look closely, the detail is there and etc, just not 100% clear; if you know what i mean.

It's not just about selling the URL although that's important, it's about selling an idea. Look at many Goped logos and you'll find loads of ms paint looking ones and boring 2d shapes and fonts. Would you suggest having the pun underneath?

I was struggling to find a suitable type. So if you can suggest a legible one that looks-fast, sporty and dynamic then I'll buy you a beer if you drink!

I can make it 2d; but im trying to stand out from the enormity of bland logos you know.

Thanks for the cc.

I was wondering then you mean like this maybe.... http://www.fusioneffect.com/logobeta.jpg

that was the first one, just the eps.
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

DR01D wrote:
lol

fushion, check your email @ info

Super!
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

FusionDesigner wrote:
Thanks DM, it's not 100% final yet anyway. It does print well; we've tried it on business cards and letterheads, although it won't be put on matchbooks.

It's not just about selling the URL although that's important, it's about selling an idea. Look at many Goped logos and you'll find loads of ms paing looking ones and boring 2d shapes and fonts.

I was struggling to find a suitable type.

I can make it 2d; but im trying to stand out from the enormity of bland logos you know.

Thanks for the cc.

Cool. Thanks for not getting pissed at me. :)
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

No way, I appreciate it. I could make varations of the logo in each format, i.e. business card, letterhead and web. On the business card, I could make the logo 2d, etc. I edited some of my earlier post.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

just some other ideas, for the brand

biz card you could have a clean white face with the wheel logo your workin on, with contact details then you could have the back just a full face shot of road or ramp or something cooll like that then put the web address on top like it was written on it. maybe some graf???? then a more streamline card say 90mm x 40mm.....that would be hot ;-)
hahaha i feel like designing it up now

anyone know of any good image hosters without all the popups n crap
  • FusionDesigner
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You wanna do all this lol. Cheers for the ideas man. Is that a specifically slimmer bcard?

You've got some great ideas. I only tried to scale the logo yesterday, it seems to look good.

We tried some graffiti fonts, but they where to generic. I spent some time trying to make a custom one, but it didn't turn out correct.

If you want to show some images Ill upload them. Just mail them. Ill put the one you sent me so people can see it.

Im still working on your idea. As I write.

Thanks again.

Andrew
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 45 posts