• •platinum
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys. :)
Look at this image I made with Bryce 5.

//removed, dead image link

I would really like to know what you all think of it. So if you could reply with a comment and a rating of 1 - 10 (10 meaning excellent and 1 meaning s***ty) and a reason why you gave that rating.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

umm, I'm not going to rate it but, I will say I have absolutely no idea what that is.. looks sort of like mountains? but then there's something floating in the sky too.. looks too bright but, maybe that's just me.
  • •platinum
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

umm... ok well... umm... It's a snowy area with a UFO flying arround.
  • davenewt
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

The main problem as far as I can see it (and I'm no art expert here, so don't shoot me down in flames) is with the white area at the bottom which is all washed out, and the UFO is what, just a circular metal texture? It doesn't immediately look like you expect a UFO to look, if you see what I mean.

Then you also have a section of white in the top right of the image? What's that doing there?

Trying to be constructive here, no offence intended!

Cheers,
Dave 8)
  • x-scythe
  • x-scythe

Post 3+ Months Ago

the cut out thing in the top right corner kinda makes it look like there is one big giant UFO covering the entire sky and then theres a circular area where no snow is falling showing the metal texture of the ship..don't know thats just what i first saw.
i would suggest making the ufo faded by the snow so it looks more realistic and not like you just made a circular selection and filled it in with a metal texture. i would also get rid of the white triangular thing in the top right corner, i dont know if it was intended to be there and im just not seeing what it is or not but ya, just some advice.
  • •platinum
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D it's good for a 2min job I'd say. I'm no art expert and all but well. It only took me 2min to make (most of it was rendering) I'm just saying. Doesn't it look like a good 2min job?
  • davenewt
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there such a thing as a good 2min job? :) Saying it's good for a 2min job doesn't mean it's good, does it?

(Just playing devil's advocate - heck, I probably couldn't have done that in 2 mins).

Cheers,
Dave 8)
  • RJ-Toxicity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Lodi, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i do see how it looks like a ufo but
i when i first looked at it i thought it was a tare in the sky like if it was a worm hole sucking everthing in over a mountain skyscape

it also looks like the perspective of someone within a cave or someone pering through a car window (because of the random white at the top right corner)
  • davidaus
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • davidaus
  • Loc: Indo

Post 3+ Months Ago

not bad, but the mountain below is too bright. Can't see clearly. If you make it darker a bit, it would be nice. :wink:
  • snicksnack
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it. it might be a little to bright, but this might as well be a sort of reflection comming from the ufo's engines ;-)
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah not bad for a 2minute job but yeah just that it is a bit to white
  • •platinum
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

omg... LoL this is old topic and its still open. Thanks guys for your feed-back :)

And btw it was only just a stuff arround job getting to know the program. ;) It's an ok image.

!PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS TOPIC ANY MORE!

:D
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's strange? the image doesn't display and when I click to force the image to display I get bumped to a website?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

platinum wrote:
!PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS TOPIC ANY MORE!

//Locked

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts