Making image bigger without it going messy?!?

• Joni1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had this program long time ago and I would love to have it back!! I dont remember name of it or anything, but I remember that u cud make so big images as u want (Well... almoust! :D ;) ) without showing the pixels... U know?!
So I would love to have that prgrm back, or if there is any other prgrms that can do that... And I tried PSP 9... :roll: It didnt resize it good enough... Well, if you know any prgrms what can resize pictures, like BIGGER then please!!! Post the name of it or where I cud download full/trial version of it!!

THANKS SO MUCH!! :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm

i dont know of the program, but bitmaps will never enlarge properly (unless the program can alter the colouration of the individual pixels to make it look like nothing is wrong, but i doubt you will keep the perfect quality.)

unless your using vectors, in that case you can enlarge to any size.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

Raster images (an image made of pixels) will always degrede in quality when you enlarge them. It's impossible to make a raster larger without losing quality purely because of the technology involved.

Photoshop CS does a FAIRLY good job, if you choose "Bicubic Smoother" when you resample your image (and use Bicubic Sharper when you resample smaller in size).

There are also other interpolation programs such as Genuine Fractals Pro, which don't do too bad a job, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to insert pixels into an image with any true kind of accuracy.

The only way you can have images that will resize to large scales is with vector images.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts