making rollover buttons

• thomas_sum
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • thomas_sum

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like to know how to use photoshop 7 to make rollover button like those flash button...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd like to know why I have to go to school next week. But google doesn't help me with that so, maybe it didn't help you with yours either.

Make the image you want to be the normal button in photoshop
Maka a layer that is the rollover
then click the button that loads image ready (in photoshop)
and it will drag your other picture along with it
then there should be a roleover panel that you can create the rollover in.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

b_heyer wrote:
I'd like to know why I have to go to school next week. But google doesn't help me with that so, maybe it didn't help you with yours either.
:rofl:

the ol' search button seems to be broken again....
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it doesn't! However "Why do I have to go back to school?" using the "I am feeling lucky" button returns a rather humorous result. :-P
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

b_heyer wrote:

:lol:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

*blinks rapidly here...

*did I miss something? I know I posted a reply to this before anyone else did....I was just curioius if the original post was deleted and rewritten or if my reply got nixed by a mod. Doesn't matter to me...it was a fairly generic answer anyway...

But, yah...the guy could find that answer on google...but don't forget we all learned some of what we know by asking questions....and remember...maybe he found this place on Google so he could ask a few newbie questions...

Aren't y'all being a little insensitive? I agree 100% that this answer could be found on a google search...but it is a legit question fit for this board.

*steps off soap box
**apologies if needed....but I remember when I was first learning and asked questions like this one (not knowing any better)...so I just thought I'd take the time to state my opinion on it.
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's the thread that you replied to. :wink: http://www.ozzu.com/viewtopic.php?t=1501

I agree with you ATNO. The whole point of this forum is to ask questions and learn, and we should not discourage that!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is but its also good to get into the habit of searching for things on google first - then go to a website help board - do another search there for the answer and if you still dont finf it then ask a question....

especially when its a standard question which has been asked a million times.

just my 2c :wink:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well in lines with that...it also helps to know how to get good results from a search...like knowing when to use quotation marks for phrases and adding a plus sign for additional words or phrases. It's a crap shoot...but knowing the rules helps.

http://www.google.com/help/refinesearch.html
http://www.google.com/help/operators.html

(Unfortunately...some people don't even know those options exist. I can almost always find what I want using any variation from those two links -- if I can't and I've already tried it on my own a couple hundred times ---that's when I'll ask for help)

P.S. Thanks Geekette -- I thought I was going senile there for a minute! *smiles
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

To return to the topic....if you combine my thoughts in the other post:

ATNO/TW wrote:
It's not difficult really. You create the basic button you are looking to make for the "normal" one. If I haven't planned it out, I make sure I do each step in layers and save the file each time I add a layer so I can "fall back to it to change it for my rollover version. So my saved files may be button1a, button1b, button1c, etc...as I add layers. That way I can always fall back to a prior layer if I screw something up.

I also make notes on image sizes as well as text x,y position, etc to make sure I get things lined up right for the rollovers.

When I get that down to where I like it, then I think about what I want the rollover button to look like and I start from the saved layer file I need to to make that effect.

I know that's pretty generic and not sure if it's the easiest way...but it works for me.

with b_heyer's above in this thread, that should give you most of what you need to do your rollover buttons
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you wanted to do them outside of Photoshop you could use the following:

MouseOver Button Wizard
http://www.mobw.net/download.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts